SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Autosize result set column

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Autosize result set column
gemisigo

Post Autosize result set column Reply with quote
Is there a way to configure result set column widths? Or at least to make them autosize? Currently they get shrunk even if there plenty of space to expand to. See screenshots below:

Result set shrunk:

Result set resized to show everything:

Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There is a size constraint, that's why they don't grow over certain size. But if you double-click the right edge of a column, it should expand as needed to show its full content
Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Yes, I'm aware of the double-click method, but... Can this constraint be overridden somehow? I can see the reason behind confining long result set columns on the display but when the entire result can be shown it seems a bit counterproductive. Also, having to do that double-clicking on several columns after each execution is time consuming and can rapidly become tedious.

I know always expanding is not a feasible goal to chase, not to mention nigh impossible for varchar(max) columns, but curbing constantly can be just as bad.

Perhaps fitting the result set pane with some adjustable but persistent settings (values retained through executions) related this constraint could bring the best of both worlds. Provided it can be done, of course.
Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: