SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Database Explorer Cache

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Database Explorer Cache
Mindflux

Post Database Explorer Cache Reply with quote
I'm trying to use SQL Editor more, it's lighter weight than SSMS by a fair margin.

One of the things stopping me is every time I re-open Database Explorer and drill down to the dbo schema to get to my DB tables, it takes a good 30s before I get an expanded view for Tables/Views/Functions/Procedures/Synonyms.

Is there any way to cache this data? I suppose it does once you open the schema once (per session?) .. but I find myself closing out of the editor often and re-opening it later to bang out another quick query.
Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
This may be related to the search slowness. I see this was never touched on in this post.
Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You should profile execution of Schemas and Objects queries from SQL Assistant options. In theory it could be caused by slow database server catalog queries. A Schema query Schemas (MSSQL) in a database with thousands of tables should come back in a fraction of a second. An Objects query, by default that is Objects (MSSQL) + Typed Synonyms should come back in under several seconds, . It should not take 30 seconds.

Please run the Schemas query first, replace placeholders and bind parameters with some values and time it. After that run the Objects query and time it too. Please share your results.
Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This issue should be related to http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24633

Please turn off extended information and see if that makes a big difference.
Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:26 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
This issue should be related to http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24633

Please turn off extended information and see if that makes a big difference.

Yes, massive difference.
Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:54 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: