SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.157 Pro BETA] - Missing result sets in $$.$$
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.157 Pro BETA] - Missing result sets in $$.$$
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Can you please find out which ODBC driver you use?

It's SQL Server Native Client 11.0, version 2011.110.6544.00. There's also an SQL Server (10.00.14393.00) and an ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server (2015.130.1601.05). I've tried those as well but neither of them connects.

SysOp wrote:

I haven't seen an official recommendation. It probably depends. If you often transfer data between different database types and use ODBC for other servers, then ODBC to ODBC transfers may work better because of internal data types compatibility enforced by ODBC, but again this is not truly universal.
From my personal experience ADO.NET is richer in features comparing to default ODBC driver for SQL Server. On the other hand the default SQL Server ODBC driver pre-installed on all Windows systems might be faster in certain cases (compiled C code vs. managed .NET code). From SQL Assistant's version 9.0 point of view ADO.NET might be a better choice, as it allows printing of messages from procedures and commands while code is running. With ODBC connection you need to wait for the procedure completion before you see any output.

I started with ADO years ago and then went onto ODBC for reasons long forgotten. And now it seems that I'm going to transfer back to ADO. ODBC suffers from a couple of illnesses lately (missing result sets, incomplete error messages) that proved to be overly obstructing.
Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: