SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[9.0.157 BETA] Join suggestions missing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[9.0.157 BETA] Join suggestions missing?
Author Message
gemisigo



Joined: 11 Mar 2010
Posts: 1396

Post Reply with quote
I can confirm this one. PK-FK pairs are (still) shown in dark red and name matches were shown in light gray. The latter now does not seem to work anymore.
Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux



Joined: 25 May 2013
Posts: 616
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
I can confirm this one. PK-FK pairs are (still) shown in dark red and name matches were shown in light gray. The latter now does not seem to work anymore.


Thank you for the confirmation.
Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6500

Post Reply with quote
I'm really unsure and have to ask dev team for help. On my end everything works fine, I get suggestions for matching column names, I can attach my screenshot if you want.

Can you please tell me what kind of collation is used by that database? You can look it up in SSMS in database properties?
Is that SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_Cl_AS or something else?
Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux



Joined: 25 May 2013
Posts: 616
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
I'm really unsure and have to ask dev team for help. On my end everything works fine, I get suggestions for matching column names, I can attach my screenshot if you want.

Can you please tell me what kind of collation is used by that database? You can look it up in SSMS in database properties?
Is that SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_Cl_AS or something else?


SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo



Joined: 11 Mar 2010
Posts: 1396

Post Reply with quote
The database collation is SQL_Hungarian_CP1250_CI_AS here. But I guess it should not matter, the column names contain nothing special and this was working in 7.x.

EDIT:If it works for you then it must be something in our settings. The question is where to look...
Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux



Joined: 25 May 2013
Posts: 616
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
The database collation is SQL_Hungarian_CP1250_CI_AS here. But I guess it should not matter, the column names contain nothing special and this was working in 7.x.

EDIT:If it works for you then it must be something in our settings. The question is where to look...


My settings are bone stock from install now. It seems more likely at this point he has it working because he's got an older config file or something. That's how it feels to me since it doesn't work on a factory fresh install.
Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo



Joined: 11 Mar 2010
Posts: 1396

Post Reply with quote
Or a newer one. SysOp, what's your build number? Is it 9.0.0157?
Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux



Joined: 25 May 2013
Posts: 616
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
Or a newer one. SysOp, what's your build number? Is it 9.0.0157?


You'd hope he'd admit it works in a version we don't have access to if that were the case.

Hope this can be sorted and not delay the RTM version.
Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6500

Post Reply with quote
The last one available to download is 9.0.157

Quote:
The database collation is SQL_Hungarian_CP1250_CI_AS here. But I guess it should not matter

It actually might because of code conversion to Unicode. Internally everything is now Unicode.


Last edited by SysOp on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo



Joined: 11 Mar 2010
Posts: 1396

Post Reply with quote
Mindflux wrote:
You'd hope he'd admit it works in a version we don't have access to if that were the case.

Of course I'd hope it's already fixed and we'd only have to wait for the new build to be available for download. There's nothing wrong with that. But I'm afraid that's not the case.

SysOp wrote:
It actually might because of code conversation to Unicode. Internally everything is now Unicode.

No luck in a database with SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS either.
Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6500

Post Reply with quote
My build is the same as yours, no magic here. I hope I can get some help from the team with troubleshooting this issue as I ran out of ideas
Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6500

Post Reply with quote
Just for the record. I was able to reproduce this issue on a different server.
Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux



Joined: 25 May 2013
Posts: 616
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Just for the record. I was able to reproduce this issue on a different server.


Well that's good. At least we have something to go on.
Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux



Joined: 25 May 2013
Posts: 616
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
Did your dev team have any clues as to a cause?
Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:55 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6500

Post Reply with quote
They didn't explain in detail. All I can see in the tracking system that is a regression, that feature worked fine up to build 9.0.14S. It's tagged as fixed in 9.0.159. So please expect it working in the RTM version.
Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:    
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Freestyle XL / Flowers Online.