SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.0151 Pro BETA] Error to load SqlAssist.DocMng.dll
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.0151 Pro BETA] Error to load SqlAssist.DocMng.dll
GeneW

Post [SA 9.0.0152 Pro BETA] Error to load SqlAssist.DocMng.dll Reply with quote
Originally saw people having issues with [SA 9.0.0151 Pro BETA] Error to load SqlAssist.DocMng.dll so I checked and my version just downloaded today is [SA 9.0.0152 Pro BETA] and has the same Error to load SqlAssist.DocMng.dll problem. I uninstalled SQL Assistant using link in Start Menu folder, then forced removal of the "C:\Program Files (x86)\SQL Assistant 9" after logging out and back in, as well as the previous version "C:\Program Files (x86)\SQL Assistant 7" folder. Then re-installed fresh from my download folder. Still got this error "The Add-in 'SqlAssist.DocMng' failed to load or caused an exception. Would you like to remove this Add-in? If you choose yes, the file it was loaded from, 'C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Microsoft\MSEnv\Shared\Addins\SqlAssistSSMS.AddIn', will be renamed. Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified. Error number: 80070002" AT THIS POINT I decided to believe the error message, and sure enough, it can't find that file, because the folder 'C:\ProgramData\Application Data\' doesn't exist! However, removing the 'Application Data' portion of that path reveals that in fact, the Addins are located here: 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MSEnv\Shared\Addins\SqlAssistSSMS.AddIn'. Now I had a choice - either fix the path by adding that folder to make the path match, or do a search and replace in the registry looking for the bad path and replacing it with the one that actually exists. What should I do to make this work? My registry search found a few other entries that pointed to the path that does not exist, mostly from another module that I use. I can't just move the entire Microsoft folder down to a new folder since there are tons of other files in it. So I choose the second option - and that seems to have worked except that I still get the error message at startup, and the SQL Assistant menu option does not appear until I open a new query window. Using SSMS 2014 on a 64-bit Windows 7 system.
Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
hi Gene. Did you uninstall SQL Assistant 7 or just renamed the folder. Renaming will not help, because SSMS will still look for it and complain that it cannot load the add-on. You actually need to uninstall it, you should rename the folder back to what it was and then run unins.exe. It's important, because it's the uninstall program that removes conflicting files and registry entries.
Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: