SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Database connection failed. oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Database connection failed. oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
mvh

Post Database connection failed. oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver Reply with quote
Hi,

While setting up a central audit repository I run into a problem while connecting to the database which I setup for this repository. I have the option to use either ODBC or a direct connection. Since I want to avoid using ODBC I choose the direct connection option. After defining the URL and supplying the user and password I run into the error:

scheduler.log

11-mrt-2016 11:04:39 AM 2 null null Alert Center Scheduler User system connected from 127.0.0.1
11-mrt-2016 11:04:39 AM 1 null null Alert Center Scheduler Test #375167 results: Database connection failed. oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
11-mrt-2016 11:04:39 AM 2 null null Alert Center Scheduler User system disconnected

My listener.log also shows:

11-MAR-2016 11:04:38 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=audrep)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\Program?Files??x86?\DB?Audit?5\DB_AUDIT.EXE)(HOST=<HOST>)(USER=<USER>))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=<IP>)(PORT=<PORT>)) * establish * audrep * 0

The latter implying that a connection has succesfully been established.

Supporting information:

RDBMS: Oracle 12c
Type: Oracle
Connection interface: Direct connection
JDBC driver class: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
JDBC driver file path: ./drivers/oracle/ojdbc14_g.jar
URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@nlrtd01ora008:1521:AUDREP

I can't seem to find a logfile that would give me a clue. No errors found except in the scheduler.log file. ALso tried to find a way to use a alternate jdbc driver but failed to find how to accomplish this in DB Audit.

Hope someone can help me out here since I am testing this product for it's usability within our company.
Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:09 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There are 2 JDBC drivers used for direct connections to Oracle databases. One of them compatible with Oracle 12c, the other, default with all other versions starting with 9i. I've seen in the past that when that other driver is used, Oracle 12c server may block its connection for compatibility reasons.

Look at [install folder]\AlertCenter\drivers\ora folder files. There should be 4 files. 2 of them have names starting Ora12_ prefix. Rename the other 2 and remove the Ora12_ prefix. Restart the DB Audit Alert Center service.

Hope this helps.
Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:13 am View user's profile Send private message
mvh

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick reply. Looking at my installation I see the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\DB Audit 5\Alert Center
C:\Program Files (x86)\DB Audit 5\AlertCenter

Having both directories already suprised me before but having done several installations I keep ending up having both directories.

C:\Program Files (x86)\DB Audit 5\Alert Center\drivers\ora <== empty
C:\Program Files (x86)\DB Audit 5\AlertCenter\drivers\ora has 2 files (ojdbc6.jar and ojdbc14_g.jar)

I have no files statring with a prefx Ora12_

I agree with the fact that it seems to be an incompatibility issue. But now am at loss on how to make the application make use of another driver. The application itself does not allow me to choose a driver myself.
Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:29 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi. Both folders are by design, it's done for backward compatibility reasons with previous DB Audit versions. There are some internal functions that still depend on that folder.

You can get latest JDBC driver here http://download.oracle.com/otn/utilities_drivers/jdbc/121010/ojdbc6.jar Please copy it to AlertCenter\drivers\ora folder twice, first time as ojdbc6.jar and second time as ojdbc14_g.jar

Hope this helps.
Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:45 am View user's profile Send private message
mvh

Post Reply with quote
Excellent! That seemed to have done the trick. Copied ojdbc7.jar from my oracle client installation and pasted it as ojdbc6.jar and ojdbc14_g.jar. Now all is working. Would have been nice though if I could have just choosen one from within the application.

Anyways, it's working now.

Thanks!
Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:03 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: