SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
intellisense not working in ssms 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
intellisense not working in ssms 2014
sirvincent

Post Reply with quote
sirvincent wrote:
SysOp wrote:
Quote:
i don't have this key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- this is a sure sign of something going wrong. Can you please temporarily disable UAC and return the setup again? Don't uninstall anything, that's not needed. Just be sure when running the setup you choose select add-ons for SSMS to be installed.

Another thing, in case of a successful setup, you should have the following file installed. Please verify it's actually there
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Extensions\SoftTree Technologies\SqlAssist.vs\1.0\extension.vsixmanifest

i re-ran setup as admin again as you suggested (ssms add-on is selected by default) and it's still the same as in previous post.
key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is still missing.

i have this part:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Extensions

and this part:
\SoftTree Technologies\SqlAssist.vs\1.0\extension.vsixmanifest

is missing.

Could we continue this post please ?
Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:48 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Code:
and this part:

That's weird.

Please copy manually C:\Program Files (x86)\SQL Assistant 7\Data\extension.vsixmanifest to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Extensions\SoftTree Technologies\SqlAssist.vs\1.0\extension.vsixmanifest you may need to create the destination path manually before copying.

After that edit extension.vsixmanifest file in the destination folder using Notepad and correct the file path in MefComponent line. Please let us know if this helps.
Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:25 am View user's profile Send private message
sirvincent

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Code:
and this part:

That's weird.

Please copy manually C:\Program Files (x86)\SQL Assistant 7\Data\extension.vsixmanifest to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Extensions\SoftTree Technologies\SqlAssist.vs\1.0\extension.vsixmanifest you may need to create the destination path manually before copying.

After that edit extension.vsixmanifest file in the destination folder using Notepad and correct the file path in MefComponent line. Please let us know if this helps.

i copied the file as you suggested (path copied from win explorer):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Extensions\SoftTree Technologies\SqlAssist.vs\1.0\extension.vsixmanifest

and if i understood correctly i changed:

<MefComponent>C:\Program Files (x86)\SQL Assistant 7\data\SqlAssist.vs.dll</MefComponent>

into:

<MefComponent>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Extensions\SoftTree Technologies\SqlAssist.vs\1.0\extension.vsixmanifest</MefComponent>

if i did it correctly, still doesn't work.
Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:01 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please email to support and reference this message thread. We will provide you with a diagnostic utility.
Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
sirvincent

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Please email to support and reference this message thread. We will provide you with a diagnostic utility.

i've done it as you said.
thank you very much.
Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:47 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi all.

We have developed a comprehensive diagnostics utility for these of you having issues with registering SQL Assistant add-ons. If you are still having and issue, please download and unzip
https://www.softtreetech.com/sqlassist/fixes/saDiag.zip

Run saDiag.exe and check if it prints any red lines. If you get them, please post the complete output.

Last edited by SysOp on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:26 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
There's one too many t-s in https://www.softttreetech.com/sqlassist/fixes/saDiag.zip

It should be https://www.softtreetech.com/sqlassist/fixes/saDiag.zip
Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:07 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much for correcting me.
Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:13 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I see you fixed it in the original post. Guess you could drop the last two (three, including this) posts so that they don't cause confusion...
Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:29 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: