SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Unable to Install 24x7 On Linux
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Unable to Install 24x7 On Linux
fkhalid

Post Reply with quote
OK with local user I am able to connect to the server.
However I need to connect using the domain account.

Also update from Linux issue is that we are able to connect using http. we are working on https access.

I have created a test job using server console however I am not able to see from webconsole.
Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The authentication is done by the operation system, Linux in this case. Does your Linux laptop recognize AD based logins? That's non-common, but if in fact your Linux system is integrated with AD and it does
support LDAP authentication, please ensure you enter your login in domain\user format required by AD. Also, from your previous messages I assume you're using PAM authentication, in which case you may need to use pam_ldap.so library instead of pam_unix.so

Please let us know if we're missing something here.
Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
In response to the invisible job issue... Please verify you have added yourself as an administrator to Tools\Users menu. It's very important that in the Users table you enter your username exactly as you enter it in the web console login dialog.

If you want to see it as non admin, you can also add yourself as operator, or set the job Run As job property to the same username.
Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
fkhalid

Post Reply with quote
Hi do I need to change the pam file on server only or on agents too to enable LDAP authentication?
Our linux servers support AD based authentication so I agree that we might need to update this jscheduler file.
Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:35 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You need to change it on the systems where the authentication takes place. For example, if you login to scheduler from 24x7 web console, it's the operation system on the scheduler computer that does the authentication. If you need to send a job to an agent, it's the operation system on the agent computer that authenticates the job run-as user and creates a new process on behave of that user. Does this make sense?
Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: