SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.166 Pro] - Database dropdown disabled [FIXED]

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.166 Pro] - Database dropdown disabled [FIXED]
gemisigo

Post [SA 9.0.166 Pro] - Database dropdown disabled [FIXED] Reply with quote
I frequently notice that the database dropdown list is gets disabled in SQL Editor. It does not show the current database and it cannot be clicked. Current database still can be changed with USE statement and reconnecting is a temporary cure. I've got no idea of its cause.

Last edited by gemisigo on Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
If you can reproduce it, please take a look if any connection related exceptions are written to SqlAssist.log file. Executing any SQL command restores connections automatically.

If you find such exceptions logged, please let us know.
Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
No errors or exceptions in the log. The funny things is that it's actually the USE statement that trigger this. Happens both on ODBC and ADO connections to SQL Server.
Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you so much for reporting issue. It's easily reproducible and totally explainable how come that no one has noticed it before. I have logged it under #SA0029945.

As a temporary workaround, to re-enable the drop-down without reconnecting, click the Refresh Cache button on the toolbar, which is to the left of the Database drop-down.
Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:06 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Yes, usually the database context is switched using the dropdown but when I'm into typing its much more convenient (and faster) not to move my hand to the mouse and back, since typing USE + database name with autocompletion and executing that statement is pretty quick on its own. Another use case is scripts that have to jump around databases to complete their goals.

Thank you for the workaround.

By the way, could you add hotkeys for triggering the connection dialog and cache refresh, please?
Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:27 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:

By the way, could you add hotkeys for triggering the connection dialog and cache refresh, please?

I know it's not a hotkey but you can hit F5 when any S.A intellisense popup comes up.

so us(e) pops up, hit F5. (three keystrokes).

Until they integrate a hot key that is.
Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:05 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for the suggestion. I created a new enhancement request #SA0029948
Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:33 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Mindflux wrote:
I know it's not a hotkey but you can hit F5 when any S.A intellisense popup comes up.

That's exactly what I've been doing for quite a some time and I'd be going happy about it except that I experienced pressing F5 on a popup occasionally executes the code in the editor. Happens very rarely and I cannot reliably reproduce it but it had proven to be a disaster a few times in the past :)
Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
Mindflux wrote:

That's exactly what I've been doing for quite a some time and I'd be going happy about it except that I experienced pressing F5 on a popup occasionally executes the code in the editor. Happens very rarely and I cannot reliably reproduce it but it had proven to be a disaster a few times in the past :)

I have the inverse problem where I press enter on a statement and the popup is suggesting bracketed items like WITH (NOLOCK) at times and I press F5 to execute my statement and all it does is refresh my SQL Assistance cache.... which is equally annoying in a way less catastrophic way.
Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:18 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Ctrl+space then f5 works without adding any characters to the editor as well.
Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:51 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: