SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Assistant 7.5.502 is now available
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Assistant 7.5.502 is now available
SysOp
Site Admin

Post SQL Assistant 7.5.502 is now available Reply with quote
Posted on February 10, 2016

SQL Assistant version 7.5 was released today. Build 7.5.494 is now available for download.

Here is a list of new features and enhancements in version 7.5
===========================================

1. Major enhancements in the data import/export and related functions, including but not limited to import/export to JSON files.
2. Automatic data type remapping when importing or exporting from/to different types of database systems, or using the data transfer utility, or performing schema comparison between two different database types.
3. A number of enhancements in the data transfer utility including new simple solution for transferring limited data samples from production to development database systems; new options to disable triggers and referential constraints in destination tables during the data import.
4. Similar new options added to the Test Data Generator utility to disable triggers and referential constraints in destination tables.
5. Test Data Generator now supports data generation for tables with self-referencing referential constraints.
6. Added new table scope right-click menu Export to… command to export table data to flat files in a number of different data formats.
7. Import from Excel utility enhanced to support multiple repetitive file imports.
8. New Scheduler Manager utility for managing and editing SQL Assistant scheduled tasks.
9. Support for custom connection parameters in database connection settings.
10. Syntax Indicator Bar stickiness in SQL Assistant’s SQL Editor (Professional Edition).
11. New code execution progress showing percent of work done and providing a better display of individual operations performed.
12. Improved Open in Excel function – automated conditional formatting of created Excel files and data filtering.
13. Support for INTERVAL data types in Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, ASA, and SQL Server.
14. Support for WITH SCHEMABINDING clause in SQL Server procedural objects.
15. Major changes in the Code Structure View – related operations are now grouped together, for example, a bunch of INSERTs into a single table is now shown as a single expandable item.
16. Added two new functions in database source code control interfaces - Undo, and Scan for Database Changes; available for Git, SVN, Perforce, and TFS.
17. Lots of other minor changes and enhancements.

* list of changes in version 7.3 and 7.4
* list of changes in version 7.2
* list of changes in version 7.1
* list of changes in version 7.0

Last edited by SysOp on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:51 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I updated just a few seconds ago using Check for Updates and it updated to 7.5.492. Any hints on the possible reason for this discrepancy?
Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:40 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for letting us know. Something was wrong with the file cache on the server. Please try the full download. It should download and install build 7.5.494
Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:10 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I downloaded the one from http://www.softtreetech.com/forms/download-form.shtml?id=8 but the file details show Product version 7.3.435. Isn't that property supposed to match the current version number?
Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:37 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I just tried that, I got 7.5.494. Would you please delete all copies of sqlassist_setup(XXX).exe from your Downloads folder and try one more time?

Last edited by SysOp on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Something's fishy here. I've tried downloading it again several times but the files I got were binary the same I got earlier. Their size is 16.4MB instead of 18.7MB I read on the page.
I fetched the one that SA downloaded during the auto-update and stored in User Temp folder. It has a size of 18.3MB and sports 7.5.494 for Product number (and 7.5.494.0 as File version). Yet it installs SA 7.5.492.
Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The web server has been restarted. Would you please try one more time?
Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:33 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I run Check for Updates which installed 7.5.494 properly this time.

Thank you very much.
Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:08 am View user's profile Send private message
ehroe2

Post Reply with quote
I just installed via the Check Updates (1st time I've updated) and I've now lost the SQLAssist icon/button in MS SQL Studio 2012, version 11.0.3000.0. How do I get that back?

thanks,
Ed

Never mind. I found it....
Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
diver

Post Reply with quote
This might not be the update but is as a result of

I update to the new SQL assistant at installation I got a bunch of errors, I then removed SQL assistant and downloaded a new version 7.5.496 and installed it, after opening MS management studio SQL assistant was not available, I then de-register MS management studio via SQL assistant -> Targets -> MS management studio -> Advanced -> Register MS assistant Add-on to NO and clicked Apply, I then set it to YES and clicked Apply, now SQL assistant is back in MS management studio but in a new query windows it does not give me all the schemas available in fact it only gives me 1 of the 5 and if I enter the schema manually it gives me no tables or anything, I have set SQL assistant -> DB Options -> Auto Complete -> Always Fully Quality Object Names -> to With database and schema names and it is still not working
Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:04 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi.

It's very difficult to conclude from your generic description of the issues ("bunch of errors", "not available", etc...) what's wrong with the installation. I recommend emailing specific error screenshots and screenshots demonstrating what you see as incorrect behavior to supportATsofttreetech.com. Replace AT with @ in that email address.
Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:57 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post SQL Assistant 7.5.499 is now available Reply with quote
Posted March 3, 2016

Build 7.5.499 is now available for download.
Build 7.5.499 is a consolidated bug fix release containing the following fixes:

#SA0028003: PG Schema Compare - DDL for functions having return type 'SETOF [data-types]' misses SETOF keyword.
#SA0028027: MSSQL Code Structure - incorrect parsing on BEGIN TRY... END TRY within T-SQL procedures.
#SA0028028: Cosmetic - Screen repainting, balloon menu not always removed from screen before processing starts resulting in ugly display of half painted objects.
#SA0028052: SSMS 2012 and later. SQL file double-click not working correctly in Windows Explorer.
#SA0028080: Data transfer and SQL Editor - assistance type incorrectly changes after data-transfer from a database having type different from the current type.
#SA0028081: SQL Editor and PG - Code folding incorrect for nested IF statements.
#SA0028092: PG Code Snippets - snippets containing pairs of $$ signs processed incorrectly, confusion with $$..$$ macro.
#SA0028095: SQL Editor and PG - in certain cases database context switches after executing DDL statements.
#SA0028096: SQL Editor and PG - A number of common keywords don't have syntax highlighting.
#SA0028098: SQL Editor - replace text doesn't work for replacing white spaces only.
#SA0028100: PG Schema Compare - "Columns" query in schema compare rules return all columns as not nullable.
#SA0028101: PG Schema Compare - "Arguments" and "Aggregate Functions" may return incorrect function argument types.
#SA0028109: PG Intellisense - local variables with upper or mixed case names are surrounded in double quotes.
#SA0028114: MSSQL Intellisense - indexes and unique constraints declared in table variables treated as columns.
#SA0028116: PG code execution - unable to execute anonymous PL/SQL blocks if code language type is omitted.
#SA0028118: PG DDL code generation - incorrect version of msvcr120.dll installed, causing troubles with DDL code generation for tables and some other objects.
#SA0028119: PG DDL code generation - doesn't return DDL for tables with case sensitive names.
#SA0028120: PG DDL code generation and refactoring - "(Copy grants)" refactoring query returns incorrect code for grants issued to PUBLIC role.
#SA0028121: PG Intellisense - Popups for SELECT statements show tables and views only, user-defined functions not shown.
#SA0028122: PG code execution - session scope temporary tables disappear after code execution, as if they had transaction scope.
Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:58 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Posted March 20, 2016

Build 7.5.501 is now available for download. This build contains several internal changes for SQL Assistant add-on registrations for SQL Server Management Studio and other targets, which simplify the process and correct some known deficiencies in the registration process. The build also includes new diagnostic utility saDiag.exe that helps with troubleshooting SQL Assistant installation issues.
Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:52 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Posted July 13, 2016

Build 7.5.502 is now available for download. List of changes in this build:
1. New add-on for SQL Server Management Studio 2016 (June and later releases).
IMPORTANT: SQL Server Management Studio 2016 CTP versions released by Microsoft before general SQL Server 2016 release are no longer supported.
2. Fix for data exporting to large CSV files.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:14 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Any updates on ETA for v8?
Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:26 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: