SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SMTP Mail issues

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
SMTP Mail issues
mschleim

Post SMTP Mail issues Reply with quote
Since upgrading to the newest version, I cannot seem to get SMTP messaging to work. It worked fine on the older version. So, I have the Master Scheduler loaded on a Unix platform. I CAN send smtp mail from the host manually with no issues..... however I cannot get 24x7 Scheduler to send the mails any longer. I have the SMTP server and sender address configured (again works manually from unix host) and I have job properties set to send to the recipients I need. It does not work. It TRIES to send an email, but nothing happens.

Unfortunately the error message in the log is very generic. The error message is:

"Could not send mail! Check the email options."

Is there something else I can check to get a more detailed log of what is actually failing?

thanks!
Thu May 07, 2015 2:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please enable the tracing option, and then try sending email. In the debug.log file you should be able to see a specific error. Please let us know what error says.
Thu May 07, 2015 3:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
mschleim

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Please enable the tracing option, and then try sending email. In the debug.log file you should be able to see a specific error. Please let us know what error says.

I do not see this 'tracing' option. Can you tell me WHERE I set this up, and which machine the debug.log file will be created on? On the unix host, or on the machine running the 24x7 web based console? thx
Fri May 08, 2015 8:43 am View user's profile Send private message
mschleim

Post Reply with quote
BUMP
mschleim wrote:
SysOp wrote:

I do not see this 'tracing' option. Can you tell me WHERE I set this up, and which machine the debug.log file will be created on? On the unix host, or on the machine running the 24x7 web based console? thx

Mon May 11, 2015 9:35 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It's in the Tools/Options menu, Log tab
Tue May 12, 2015 8:01 am View user's profile Send private message
mschleim

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
It's in the Tools/Options menu, Log tab

I do not see the trace option under tools -->options. do you have an email address I can send you a screenshot.
thanks[/img]
Tue May 12, 2015 10:38 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hope this helps.

(click image for full size)

Tue May 12, 2015 11:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
mschleim

Post Reply with quote
I enabled trace on the master scheduler and tried to generate an email Here is the debug log from that time frame:

2015-05-13 16:58:13,752 [Job #215 - test job - CDC prod] DEBUG com.softtreetech.jscheduler.business.NotificationProcessorImpl - logSchedException():

com.softtreetech.jscheduler.common.SchedException: Could not send mail! Check the email options.

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.business.Mailer.sendEmailImpl(Unknown Source)

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.business.Mailer.sendEmail(Unknown Source)

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.business.NotificationProcessorImpl.sendEmail(Unknown Source)

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.business.NotificationProcessorImpl.processEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.business.NotificationProcessorImpl.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.business.NotificationProcessorImpl.onFinish(Unknown Source)

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.business.runner.AbstractJobRunner.onFinish(Unknown Source)

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.business.runner.AbstractJobRunner.startExecution(Unknown Source)

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.business.runner.AbstractJobRunner.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.business.runner.JobExecutorImpl.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.ui.controller.MasterController$18.actionPerformedImpl(Unknown Source)

at com.softtreetech.jscheduler.ui.controller.SchedAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2018)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2341)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:289)

Also another question, I have a Master scheduler running on one Unix box, I have the agent on another box. When the job running on the other box has an error that requires sending an email, is that email generated from the MASTER scheduler, or do it try to send from the agent box? On the older version of 24x7 we never set mail gateways on the agent boxes and it worked fine. Just wanted to check. Also let me know if you need more info. thanks
Wed May 13, 2015 11:56 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Job failure emails and other job handling emails come from the master. Any emails sent from the job itself, such as scrpted sendMail method come from the system executing the job code.

The error message in the debug log indicates likely an issue with email server connection. Either the settings in the tools/options are incorrect or firewall is blocking the connection.

If you enable on job start email, do you get it?
Thu May 14, 2015 12:42 am View user's profile Send private message
atahuu

Post Reply with quote

GuL
Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:03 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It's on the processing machine in the scheduler's settings under Tools -> Options menu -> Options dialog -> Log tab Trace Enabled option.

You can also change it using the web console.
Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: