SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 7.1.246 Pro] - Prompt input box and Paste

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 7.1.246 Pro] - Prompt input box and Paste
gemisigo

Post [SA 7.1.246 Pro] - Prompt input box and Paste Reply with quote
The input box in the dialog opened by $$PROMPT..$$ does not (always) accept Ctrl+V for paste (however, it obeys Shift+Insert).
Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your feedback. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system
Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:39 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Can you please elaborate a bit more on this issue? When Ctrl+V doesn't work, which editor do you use? which other tabs or windows are open. We need to identify which window intercepts Ctrl+V first before it reaches the input box.
Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:10 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I observed it in SSMS first but cannot reliably reproduce the issue yet. I also use an application that tampers with clipboard and I suspected it could be the culprit here, but after experimenting with it a bit I doubt it is. I closed that app but it did not help. I also restarted SSMS which seemed to work and restarting the clipboard app did not cause the malfunction again. I'll keep trying.
Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:54 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please check if there any side windows in SSMS, tabs or other active "objects" which may cause the issue. We need to know if and what is there in order to figure out if they interact with the keyboard queue and grab Ctrl+V before SA or remove the keyboard hook for Ctrl+V

Last edited by SysOp on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:16 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
This one seems to be gone as well after OS reinstall.

EDIT: or it might have not :( I'm experiencing it again. I'll try to disable some background apps to see its cause.

EDIT2: I disabled the most suspicios three that tamper with hotkeys but the issue still remained.
Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:49 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
When this happens again, can you please take a screenshot of the SSMS window, I mean the main one and any panels and dialogs open, but try to do it without switching the input focus. Please send the resulting screenshot to support. Maybe our guys can spot something non-obvious, and/or get a better idea what else to check.
Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:35 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Almost there. Nothing relevant was visible. I created a screenshot when it was working and again at a later time when I noticed it stopped and compared the two pictures (yes, the images), and nothing was there what shouldn't. But it seems that I captured the event after which it happens. I'll have to test it a little bit more but it looks like that both pasting with Ctrl + V and Enter (see here stop working right after I open SA options from the tray (while having SSMS open at the same time), modify something there and press Apply. I haven't tried with OK button yet but I guess it'll be the same.
Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: