SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Integration with WebBrowser (FireFox)

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Integration with WebBrowser (FireFox)
michalk

Post Integration with WebBrowser (FireFox) Reply with quote
Hello
Is it possible to integrate SA with FireFox?
Mostly, I would like to get syntax highlighting and SQL Intellisense features in textarea

With regards
Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:38 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I don't think so, web browsers are specifically excluded, see Options dialog / Targets tab / Common section / Excluded Targets option, firefox.exe should be listed there. You can try removing it, but and when focus is in the FireFox text box, try pressing Ctrl+Shift+F5, see what happens. If you are lucky, you will get a prompt for db type, and options. Still this might be a bad idea, if you manage to get it working, it will attach to every text box in every FireFox instance on every related and unrelated page now and in the future until you complete disable it.
Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
When you add a new target, are all its advanced properties that identify the target (Target Exe Name, Target Title and Target Window Class) to be satisfied or whichever comes first is sufficient? I mean are they in OR or in AND relationship? If they're ANDed one could make up an adequately strong combination of properties that would make SA work on specific pages only, wouldn't it?
Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:19 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
They are AND. They all must be satisfied to match the target definition.

I'm not sure you can somehow filter on specific pages, especially if their titles vary, or show any overlays (JQuery popups, etc). On top of that all major browsers implement their own versions of subclassed custom edit controls which don't work like standard edit controls, not to mention the impact of custom HTML/CSS rules, page data validations and so on... It's better not to touch all that.

Last edited by SysOp on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:12 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Well... I guess you're probably right.
Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:15 am View user's profile Send private message
michalk

Post Reply with quote
I tried to add FF but got message: unsupported class MozillaWindowClass
Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:57 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for the status. This is what I suspected, the edit control is not recognized as a standard edit control, SQL Assistant is unable to interact with it.

If you describe in more details what you are after, perhaps we can suggest a workaround. If you are working with some sort of web based database management tool, maybe there is a way to add a custom shortcut to FF toolbar or menu that will invoke external code editor which can be used with SQL Assistant, and then on editor closing auto-insert changes into FF based edit control or just copy them to them clipboard from where you can paste them into FF edit box.
Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:10 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Just in case...
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/collections/topicalsearch/copy-paste/
Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:14 am View user's profile Send private message
fifacoin19

Post group provides start on some Reply with quote
need family CCC people despite.
fut 15 coins
buy fifa coins
Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:04 am
michalk

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Thank you for the status. This is what I suspected, the edit control is not recognized as a standard edit control, SQL Assistant is unable to interact with it.

If you describe in more details what you are after, perhaps we can suggest a workaround. If you are working with some sort of web based database management tool, maybe there is a way to add a custom shortcut to FF toolbar or menu that will invoke external code editor which can be used with SQL Assistant, and then on editor closing auto-insert changes into FF based edit control or just copy them to them clipboard from where you can paste them into FF edit box.

We have a web based tool (written on our own) to maintain our databases. One part of this tool is simple sql sender.
Just would be fine to see features like syntax highlighing or intelisense work.
Recently we implemented some JS based editor over textarea to get syntax highligghting. But we still miss intellisense.
Just it.

with regards
Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:14 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: