SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SA not working with pgAdminIII 1.20
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SA not working with pgAdminIII 1.20
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Unsupported window class (WxWindowClassNR)

This message tells us that the edit control used in pgAdmin editor has class name WxWindowClassNR, but the issue is the implementation of that edit control doesn't support standard Windows edit control messages, and so SQL Assistant is unable to work with that control. Older versions of pgAdmin used some other type of editor for which we developed an add-on to make it work with SQL Assistant.
Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
LonelyWalker

Post Reply with quote
I test pgAdmin III 1.20 + SA 7.3.430 on Windows 7 x64. On press Ctrl+Shift+F5 error "Unsupported window class (WxWindowClassNR)" occurs too, but everything is working! Context menu, intellisense, bracket jumps, view code and data... Thus, the window class is not the cause of the issue.

It is possible to fix in the next version of SA?
Until this bug is not fixed, which version of the pgAdmin Assistant work?
Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:06 am View user's profile Send private message
michalk

Post Reply with quote
Hmm. Two recent builds have support for pgAdmin 1.20 but... when I press CTRL+SHIFT+F5 I got the message about unsupported window class too. However SA still works with this app
Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:11 am View user's profile Send private message
LonelyWalker

Post Reply with quote
michalk wrote:
However SA still works with this app

You forgot to mention that it works on Windows 7 only (and below, i think).
Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:32 am View user's profile Send private message
michalk

Post Reply with quote
Yes you are right. I'm on W7.
I just wanted to point to fact that despite it works, it still shows window class error message.
Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:54 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi all. This issue seem to be with Windows 8 and above. Some internal function fails for security or related reason, and as a result, SA fails to attach itself to pgAdmin editor. We are looking into possible workarounds, but cannot promise a quick fix in this case as it may require a non-trivial solution.
Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:46 am View user's profile Send private message
LonelyWalker

Post Reply with quote
LonelyWalker wrote:
but everything is working! Context menu, intellisense, bracket jumps, view code and data...

Emm... not everything. [bookmark] keyword not working, but i think this is another issue. Do i need to create a new topic?

SysOp wrote:
We are looking into possible workarounds, but cannot promise a quick fix in this case as it may require a non-trivial solution.

But in other targets it works! So i hope, you will find solution soon. I wish good luck! =)
Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi all,

The latest build 7.3.433 addresses several target compatibility issues including issues with pgAdmin. Please give it a try.

To install this update, right-click SQL Assistant's icon in the system tray, then click "Check for Updates" and follow the instructions. Please note that your license should include the maintenance option in order to install new updates.
Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: