SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Web-based Management Console Installation

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Web-based Management Console Installation
dale.cates

Post Web-based Management Console Installation Reply with quote
We purchased a Scheduler MP license 24x7-50-1 and a Web-based Managment Console license 24x7-50-WC some time ago but are just getting around to installing it. I've installed the scheduler and it fires up great on CentOS7. Now I want to install the WC. The email with the license keys instructs us to "Download 24x7_scheduler_wc_linux.zip file, unzip to the target system, set execute.....". I can't find that file to download. Has something changed since we purchased our licenses?

Thanks,
Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
24x7_scheduler_wc_linux.zip has been archived. If needed, a direct download link can be provided by the support. That is not a recent version. The most recent one is 24x7mp_setup.zip and it can be downloaded here
Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
dale.cates

Post Reply with quote
So the web console components are bundled into the main jar file now, not a separate install? We purchased less than a year ago. Will my license activate the newer version at the link you provided?
Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:28 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
For Linux, web console installation is a separate package, it does install just the console for using with platform dependent web server preinstalled withe OS.

if your license(s) are covered by maintenance and its current, all upgrades are free for you. If you don't have current maintenance, please let me know which version you licensed and will check if the referenced installation is compatible.

PS. I assume you have a license for the web console.
Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 am View user's profile Send private message
dale.cates

Post Reply with quote
Well, now I'm really getting confused. Yes, we're installing to linux. Yes, we purchased a web console license. Where is the "separate package" for the web console? The 24x7web_gui.pdf included in the 24x7_Scheduler folder after it's installed from the most recent version you provided the link to still references file "24x7_scheduler_wc_linux.zip" to install the web console:

1. Deploy web console installation package 24x7_scheduler_wc_linux.zip to the server which will run the web
console. The server must have Apache, Apache Tomcat v6, or a compatible web server preinstalled and the
server must be enabled to run Java Server Pages.
2. Unzip contents of 24x7_scheduler_wc_linux.zip to a temporary directory. You will find 2 files unzipped,
readme.txt and wz.tgz.
3. Follow specific instructions in the readme.txt file to install the web console

But then the readme.txt files reference a "jscheduler.tgz" file that I also don't see.

In the 24x7_Scheduler install folder I see a console.jar and .sh file. Is that the separate package you referenced, or is there still a separate .zip file that I don't have yet?
Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:33 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please email to support to obtain the download link
Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: