SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[7.0.141 beta] SQL Editor - SA oddity

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[7.0.141 beta] SQL Editor - SA oddity
gemisigo

Post [7.0.141 beta] SQL Editor - SA oddity Reply with quote
There's a very weird and (not so) funny quirk when it comes using SQL Editor with different database types. Here's an example. (I've got it set to MySQL by default.)

Connect to a MySQL server. Login, etc. The Target Options (Shift+Ctrl+F5) are set to MySQL Assistance and MySQL 5.6 for Reference.
Open new tab, different server but still MySQL and the options are still the same.
Another new tab but this time connect to an SQL Server. Now Target Options show SQL Server Assistance and MS T-SQL 2005 for Reference.
Switching back to another tab (MySQL connection) shows that Assistance has changed to SQL Server (the rest of the settings are still for MySQL), so I have to change Assistance to MySQL. I do that.
Now switching back to the tab with SQL Server connection, SQL Assistance has changed to MySQL 5 (the rest of the settings are still for SQL Server).

It seems to me that while SQL Reference and the settings below are retained when changing tabs in SQL Editor, the option for SQL Assistance will be the last one it was set to, regardless of the tab in which it was set.

In addition, changing anything in SA Options (open from systray) and applying the new settings will force SQL Editor to reinitialize Database Explorers on each tab to the default connection assigned to SQL Editor as Target, meaning that if I had an SQL Server connection to server 3 on tab3 and the default was MySQL server 2, I'll wind up with SQL Server connection on tab3 replaced by a MySQL connection to server 2. This can be pretty confusing.
Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:10 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your bug report. I have logged this issue.
Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:37 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Supplement: after playing around with changing the settings back and forth I came to another, highly annoying bug. I repeatedly got errors when trying to execute completely valid queries, both in SQL Server and MySQL. To add some more confusion, the errors (mostly syntax) refer to line(s) where surely aren't any errors. Quitting/restarting both SQL Editor and SA does not vanish the error, I have to reboot. After the reboot the same queries run without any complaint.
Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:21 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: