SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SA 7.0.141 beta] - Context Search

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SA 7.0.141 beta] - Context Search
Mindflux

Post SA 7.0.141 beta] - Context Search Reply with quote
So I was using the context search earlier to find a particular field in some stored procedures. As I was looking at one of the procedures in the search window I realized that the order of operations was wrong. Knowing I had updated the SP earlier, I knew I had to tell S.A to update the code repository.

Once I did that, I selected another procedure with the same results, and then re-selected the one in question to make sure the order of operations had been fixed in S.A's search cache (it had not).

The workaround was to clear the "search for" box, and then redo the search. Only then did it show the proper procedure contents and not a cached copy from the prior search. I would have figured that moving out and back in to the object in the context search box would have refreshed it's cache?
Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

The code repository update runs in the background and typically takes a little while. The update time depends on the number of servers and databases whose procedural code is stored in the repository. I'm suspecting a coincidence, by the time you opened second procedure the repository update completed or advanced far enough to obtain the updated code versions.

To keep the repository up to date I recommend scheduling nightly automatic update. The scheduling function is available n the code context window via right-click menu in the item list.
Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Well that's just it. Should I have had to search again to get the new SP contents or should the old search have gotten it after the update completed.

By the way the bar did mention "X new items, X objects total" or something to that affect after updating the repository by hand. re-selecting the 'found items' still didn't reflect the newly modified SP (until I re-did the search entirely).
Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yes, please initiate a new search. That should do it.
Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: