SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[7.0.136 beta] FR - Install restores some default snippets

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[7.0.136 beta] FR - Install restores some default snippets
gemisigo

Post [7.0.136 beta] FR - Install restores some default snippets Reply with quote
I have to remove some unwanted default snippets (delete, update, si, ss, etc.) after upgrading SA by running the install. They simply get restored. Could you add an option to install process that asks whether you want those or not, please? There's quite a few of them and they interfere with the custom ones I created, hence SA becomes 'faulty' after every upgrade until I weed those out again.
Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I have logged an enhancement request for this one.
Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
ssandu

Post Reply with quote
I also subscribe to this request.
Also maybe custom snippets to be located in some APPDATA folder and even I uninstall SA and then install again (even another version) to have them back.
Thank you
Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:23 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Also maybe custom snippets to be located in some APPDATA folder and even I uninstall SA and then install again (even another version) to have them back.

This is available for ages. Please take a look at your %APPDATA%\SQL Assistant folder
Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:25 am View user's profile Send private message
ssandu

Post Reply with quote
Hi
Then why all may snippets disappear after uninstall and the reinstall SA 7 ?
Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:58 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The don't. The setup creates a backup of your configuration file with SAS extensions and installs a new one.

Please note that the new SAS file installed by the setup may contain important changes required for new features in the new versions, as well as bug fixes, which we cannot skip if we keep your existing file, and we cannot overwrite your existing file or you would loose your changes

The Import/Export feature allows you to merge content of configuration files as you see the fit. But please be careful, don't reload new configuration file settings with everything from old files or certain features won't work correctly as you could see it yesterday It's fairly safe to import code snippets, database connections and code formatting rules, unit tests and similar custom code things. For everything else, import them only from the default SAS file containing factory default settings.
Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:23 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: