SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
hotkeys stopped working

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
hotkeys stopped working
GeneW

Post hotkeys stopped working Reply with quote
Have been using sql assistent 6.4 fine up until sometime today - then it suddenly stopped working and displayed an error message. I declined to send the error info to softtree since the company deals with sensitive private info, but now I can't find a way to get it to work again. The intellisense feature just does not work in ssms 2008 R2 at all. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, even did a system restore back to a point when I know it was working. Any ideas? I am on windows 7 64 bit with 16gigs ram.
Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please try starting both SQL Assistant and SSMS in Run as Administrator mode and see if that helps. Also check SQL Assistant add-on is registered for SSMS. Please let us know if that makes a difference.

PS. Also please be aware that error messages don't contain any private information other then the actual error like 'divide by zero" or something similar, optionally your license and email (which is already known, but you are still prompted for it) and a stack trace of the error message. from the SQL Assistant DLL in which the error occurred. You can see the complete exception message if you resize the error dialog dialog or just scroll the content. We need your email in case we need to ask more questions about how to reproduce the error. The error messages are very important to us, they help us improve SQL Assistant's code quality and implement additonal exception handlers.
Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
GeneW

Post Hotkeys stopped working Reply with quote
I had done a system restore that didn't resolve the issue, and before I got your response I found that resetting the options to the default cured the issue. I had exported all of my options and code snippets before doing the uninstall/reinstall so I felt I would be able to recover my modified code snippets if they were deleted during the uninstall/reinstall. After the reinstall it still didn't work, but then I found the option to reset all the options and that cured the hotkeys issue but it caused me to lose the code snippets I had modified. Since I had a saved version from my earlier export, I tried importing my snippets from that saved set and it re-broke the hotkeys. I was finally able to recover just my modified code snippets without breaking the hotkeys so I think the issue really was something in the SQLAssist.ini file. Comparing the version that breaks it with the version that works, there are these additional lines in the one that breaks it:
[TfmError]
state=0
pos_x=756
pos_y=328
width=884
height=623
[TfmFileDiff]
state=0
pos_x=510
pos_y=207
width=901
height=666
[TfmUpdate]
state=0
pos_x=807
pos_y=451
width=306
height=178

It looks like an error triggered these lines to get added tot he ini file and with them present the hotkeys fail to work.
Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I have consulted with the team and we believe it is highly unlikely that the lines you referenced cause any issues. Can you make a backup of your existing settings and then manually add these lines to the end of the config file then restart SQL Assistant? Does SQL Assistant stop working after that?
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: