SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Notepad++ completion adds trailing spaces? (when using tab)

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Notepad++ completion adds trailing spaces? (when using tab)
Mindflux

Post Notepad++ completion adds trailing spaces? (when using tab) Reply with quote
Having all sorts of NP++ issues.. right click context doesn't work (as per my other thread).. but here's another odd one.

If I press tab to autocomplete my table name (I like tab versus enter) so I have List Item Selection key set to Enter,Tab (so I can use either).

At any rate, if I use Tab in NP++, it tabs out from the autocomplete... does not do this in SSMS or Notepad.exe..

Here's a screencast:

http://screencast.com/t/ogZ7mB36M

You can see in NP++ it spaces me out from the table alias and tries to give me more intellisense options. SSMS and Notepad.exe do not do this. I generally just hit escape to close that dialog but it's inconsistent depending on what editor I'm working in at the time. This does NOT occur if I use enter to select the table from intellisense popup.
Wed May 29, 2013 4:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The tab key conflicts in many targets with other functions and there is nothing SQL Assistant can do about it. I know it's a habit, but... to me it's a weird one. In all Microsoft applications as well as other applications we use Enter key to select items from menus, items from drop-down lists, etc... Intellisense is no different in this sense, just another type of a menu. So why would we use tab in that case?
Wed May 29, 2013 9:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
The tab key conflicts in many targets with other functions and there is nothing SQL Assistant can do about it. I know it's a habit, but... to me it's a weird one. In all Microsoft applications as well as other applications we use Enter key to select items from menus, items from drop-down lists, etc... Intellisense is no different in this sense, just another type of a menu. So why would we use tab in that case?

I could try and train myself to use enter instead of tab... but I think prior to learning about the extended intellisense glory that exists in many different products I used tab and tab worked for SSMS intellisense, as well as my database.net application, etc.

I use it just the same for keywords, etc. SEL<tab>, etc.. .SEL<enter> just feel so broken to me.
Wed May 29, 2013 9:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: