SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Send Keys VBS

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Send Keys VBS
zoomer

Post Send Keys VBS Reply with quote
Hi - I got the trial version of 24x7 to see if it will work for my purposes. I want to be able to get the desktop to wake up at a daily scheduled time, log me in, execute a VBscript which calls Excel, Outlook, sends emails, etc.
The first issue I ran into is the SendKeys command. It prepares an Outlook form and it has to be sent but I have to press Alt-S keys to send it due to the Outlook security set up.
The following command in VBS does not go through:
Wshell.SendKeys "%S"
It brings up the Outlook and prepares the email but just sits there and doesn't hit the buttons to send.
Am I missing something in the process? I searched the forum with send keys and outlook but could not find anything.
thanks
Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Use of SendKeys and similar interactive UI methods are a bad idea for automating non-interactive unattended processes, it's a non-starter. Please consider using programmatic methods available in MS Office applications to automate their activities. Also please be aware that Ms Outlook is specifically designed for security reasons to block automated email sending Use email functions built into 24x7 to send emails and files. When designing automation jobs, use proper methods that do not require an interactive user to be logged in. This is one of the basic things
Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: