SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Accessing DBAudit Data

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Accessing DBAudit Data
dfrancis

Post Accessing DBAudit Data Reply with quote
We are an institution that deals with medical records. Therefore we must be HIPAA compliant. In order to be compliant , we must be able to provide an answer to anyone who wants to know who looked at his/her record five years ago. The canned reports that you provide do not answer this question. Your reports shows database objects and not data. I am developing a customized report to answer the above question. In our database we have two tables, (PatientInformation and MedicalHistory), that holds this information for each patient. The key identifier is a field name casenumber.

I need to identify these two tables in the DB_AUDIT schema both in the archived data and the central repository so that I can extract the information. Based on DBAudit's naming convention, can you tell me how to find these two tables. Given a casenumber, I would like to know who looked at the data, when and from where.

I would be very thankful if you could provide me all the information so that I can proceed to develop this report.

Thanks

I am using an Oracle 11.2 database

Last edited by dfrancis on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
In order to help you with this task we need to know the type of your database server
Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Make sure db_extended mode is set in the system audit to allow auditing capture text of sql queries.
Design your custom reports to query dba_audit_trail view and retrieve the text of SELECT queries.
For records having the object_name in YOUR_LIST_GOES_HERE. Parse the WHERE clause of the returned queries and extract the primary keys. From here you can say which records have been accessed:
Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: