SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Loading of Object Explorer add-in failed (SSMS 2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Loading of Object Explorer add-in failed (SSMS 2012)
lucasdf

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
You are dealing with so called Windows User Account Control (UAC). In Windows versions Vista and up, it doesn't care much what your user name is or user group(s) you belong to. It assumes "least needed" privilege for everything. So unless you use a setup program and specifically use Run as Administrator mode for obtaining the elevated privileges, any changes you make in the system registry where most settings are stored, are sucked by Windows without errors but then silently redirected to a different registry hive or just undone without any warnings. In that light, if you run SSMS and SQL Assistant as yourself and register an add-on, your changes do not stick. Windows clears them as soon as you close the programs of log off.

Here is what you can try. Run SQL Assistant setup program as yourself, and using the setup program register SQL Assistant add-on for SSMS (make sure that add-on is selected in the list of add-ons to install). Windows should allow the setup program to do what it doesn't allow you to do from SSMS and SQL Assistant.

Ok, thanks, I will try it.

Best regards.
Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:09 am View user's profile Send private message
neverden

Post Reply with quote
I am getting this error on the latest version if I dont have the object explorer pinned in SQL 2012. I have tried re-installing & running as Admin

---------------------------

Loading of Object Explorer add-in failed.

Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
OK
Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This is a known compatibility issue with SSMS 2012 Service Pack 1. We are working on a fix and expect it released next week or sooner.
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:06 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Version 6.5.276 was released today with compatibility fixes for SSMS 2012 SP 1 and for SSMS 2014 and other enhancements. Please give it a try.
Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:07 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: