SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ourcompanyjobDB.dat

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
ourcompanyjobDB.dat
owensjim

Post ourcompanyjobDB.dat Reply with quote
Hi Sysop,

I have been asked if the jobDB.dat can run from a SQL database. Our company uses mysql and management would like to have it on a sql database so that it could fit easily into a new architecture being created.

I am having an issues when I use the dependencies tool. It will create multiple semaphore file names for a job after I perform an apply.
It appears to be related to cloning an existing job to a new name.

When adding a new job, I typically copy something that already exists and modify it to my needs. If I use the dependencies tool to add the new job to an existing view or a new view, after clicking apply it will update the new job with the cloned job attributes as well as the new job attributes.

For example:
The original job uses semaphore FINISH0017300174.txt and creates @v"event"0017400175.txt.
I copy the job to a new name.
Modify to new job requirements.
Use the dependencies tool to add the new job to a view
Click apply
My new job will have semaphore FINISH0017300174.txt, FINISH0217302174.txt and @v"event"0017400175.txt,@v"event"0217402175.txt
I then have to edit the new job to remove the original job information.

If I add in another new job by copying it from an existing job, the same scenario applies about except that I will need to go through and re-modify the jobs again. I have had instances where I copied the same job 4 times and it created 4 different semaphore file names in the last job that I cloned.

I have mostly abandoned using the dependencies tool for this reason.

Is there any way around this when cloning jobs?

What software can be used to view the dependencies data other than job scheduler?

thanks
Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

The job database files used by the scheduler are not a relational database files and cannot be hosted in MySQL. 24x7 uses internally XML based database system with its storage converted to compressed binary format and encrypted for security reasons. Please don't be confused by the term "database" used in references to that file. 24x7 currently is not designed to use a 3rd party database system as its data storage. although it provides the utilities for exporting job definitions and other data to an external relational database.

As to job dependencies, if I get it correctly, that is a side effect of job duplication. Every new job gets a new job id. As a result, the existing dependencies having job id related sequencing are copied over to the new job and new dependencies are added to satisfy job decadency rules. If you look closely at the semaphore file rules they are like @v"event"0017400175.txt.. Here @V"even" prefix is for the notification event the triggered by the job, 000174 (same as 1740 is the Id of the parent job, and 00175 (same as 175) is the Id of the parent job. hope that makes sense.
Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: