SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 7.1.166 Pro] - FR: Popup filtering for joins

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 7.1.166 Pro] - FR: Popup filtering for joins
gemisigo

Post [SA 7.1.166 Pro] - FR: Popup filtering for joins Reply with quote
It would be awesome if filtering popup contents would also work on join candidates. Check this short video here.

First I select ertekesites.eladasok from the popup which populates the editor with its columns. After that I add the INNER JOIN keywords which results in another popup that contains join candidates based on foreign keys which is nice when there are only a few of them. Here I select ertekesites.adougyi_napok table using multiple presses of down arrow key and enter. That adds the table and the join condition to the query. I add another INNER JOIN but when I try to filter on ertekesites.helyek by typing 'hel' the popup does filter on ertekesites.helyek but the join candidate (and its condition(s)) are removed immediately after pressing 'h'. I continue by typing ON after which I am offered multiple options for join conditions which is still quite fast but much slower than it would be with filtering the join candidates as well in the first place, and makes the join candidates in popup rather useless when there are dozens of tables involved. In these cases using down arrow will result in number of keys pressed that can be several times the number required to type the fully qualified name + join conditions and the candidates are only consuming space in the popup (though they still come in handy to someone not familiar with the structure).
Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:52 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: