SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
$OBJECT(...)$ macro

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
$OBJECT(...)$ macro
gemisigo

Post $OBJECT(...)$ macro Reply with quote
Help wrote:

Important Notes: Do not use multiple $OBJECT$ macros in the same code snippet with different "insert" and "Filter" options. The behavior of the code snippet is ambiguous in this case and the code generation result is unpredictable"

I used $OBJECT(table,view)$ and $OBJECT(ins_object, table, view)$ in the same script because I needed the object with schema qualified first and without the schema name a few lines later and it was much shorter and easier this way than to use custom $$...$$ to rip the schema name off. It worked just as I wanted it to. Are you saying this was just a coincidence and not the intended behavior?
Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:21 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think the help file is trying to say that the behavior in such cases is a gray undocumented area because of many possible permutations based on the combination of filters, other macros in the same snippet, ordering of executable items, etc... more like, try it, and see what you get.
Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:54 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
try it, and see what you get.

I did and it worked. I managed to simplify many of my snippets by replacing dozens of code lines with a single one so I hope it stays that way :)
Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: