SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Remove "Delete Job" ability through web interface

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Remove "Delete Job" ability through web interface
Jason Hoskins

Post Remove "Delete Job" ability through web interface Reply with quote
When I uncheck the "disable job" option in the security section of the 24x7 Windows version 3.6.1 GUI I also lose the ability to edit the job amoung other rights. How do I only remove the right to delete jobs through teh web browser?
Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:31 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
What's the real difference between edit and delete? Let them edit but not delete? If one can edit, he can change a job so that it would do nothing or just never run, which is the same as deleting it, isn't it?
Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Jason Hoskins

Post Reply with quote
No. Delete gets rid of the entire job while edit keeps the job and I know who changed it. We had a job accidently deleted and I wanted to force a job deletion function to go to the server locally or set up a special account that has the delete authority. If this is the case, why do you offer a delete button and separate security for the function?
Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:24 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
If this is the case, why do you offer a delete button and separate security for the function?

I'm sorry I don't follow. Where do you see it different? there are only 4 job protection levels:

Not protected – can do anything to the job
Read-only - cannot change or delete, but can view details and code, and also can execute
Execute-only - cannot view details and change, but can execute)
Full protection, cannot view details, cannot change, cannot execute

By the way, the latest scheduler versions automatically write audit records for job changes, deletions, manual runs, etc....
Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:23 am View user's profile Send private message
Jason Hoskins

Post Reply with quote
I am not referring to job protection. I am referring to security, such as, thorugh the "administrator", "standard", etc...roles.
Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 am View user's profile Send private message
Jason Hoskins

Post Reply with quote
I want bascially adminstrator rights on the web gui without delete rights (uncheck delete job in 24x7 security).
Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:27 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
These sorts of checks are implemented in the scheduler when external applications like web console call scheduler's API methods.

You would need to update job_menu.jsp if you want to disable Delete button for certain users. Please check the code of that file. Its quite plain. Search for "Delete Job" substring and in the following IF statement leave only user.isAdmin() condition and remove or comment out 2 other conditions for power users and for job owners.
Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Jason Hoskins

Post Reply with quote
I made the change but it doesn't take effect. I restarted the web service and deleted my browser cache but no change. Is it being cached somewhere or how do I force the change to take effect.
Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The Delete button is displayed in enabled state, but it shouldn't do anything if the logged in user is not an admin. Can you confirm that is what you get when logged in as user from one of non-admin groups?
Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:56 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: