SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Multiserver Install - Update Trigger to Include Custom Logic

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Multiserver Install - Update Trigger to Include Custom Logic
raviraj

Post Multiserver Install - Update Trigger to Include Custom Logic Reply with quote
Hi,

1) Consider the case that I am using the auditing tool on multiple servers (Independent Copy for each client). I have created the audit trigger for one database server and I have made some custom changes to it(Like including my application username). Now if I want to use the same trigger on the other database servers then is it possible with this tool? Because the table names generated by this tools are dynamic. i.e. If I am applying auditing on one table say 'table1' then the triggers created on one server will be different than other.

2) Also With this tool the database audit table names and the trigger names are random. Is it possible to change the audit table names?

Thanks,
Raviraj
Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

Quote:
1) Consider the case that I am using the auditing tool on multiple servers (Independent Copy for each client). I have created the audit trigger for one database server and I have made some custom changes to it(Like including my application username). Now if I want to use the same trigger on the other database servers then is it possible with this tool? Because the table names generated by this tools are dynamic. i.e. If I am applying auditing on one table say 'table1' then the triggers created on one server will be different than other.

No, it is not possible to change. The tool is designed with scalability in mind. It can support virtually unlimited number of database servers and that's why internal object names are dynamic and unique in each database server. However, you can use "aliases" feature to make the tool create views with static names that don't change and are named after audited table names with an additional _V suffix at the end.

Quote:
2) Also With this tool the database audit table names and the trigger names are random. Is it possible to change the audit table names?

I believe my reply above covers this question too.

Thanks
Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: