SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 6] - INSERT INTO ... VALUES highlight

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 6] - INSERT INTO ... VALUES highlight
gemisigo

Post [SA 6] - INSERT INTO ... VALUES highlight Reply with quote
The corresponding column pairs in INSERT INTO ... VALUES ... are no longer highlighted. Is this feature removed/disabled?
Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:58 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There is now a non-interruptive popup suggesting the current column and in certain cases a hint above the cursor suggesting column definition and nullability state.

If that doesn't work for you, perhaps it is context specific. If that's the case would you please provide more details so I can log that issue in our tracking system?
Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:55 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
No, that works fine. Quite useful, I must say. But that's not I was asking about. I saved the results of the test data generator and now I have thousands of INSERTS, each being on two lines.

The previous version highlighted matching columns. When I put the cursor on a column in the VALUES section both that column and the corresponding column in the INSERT INTO section changed its background color (and vice versa) so it was easy to pair them visually. This is not working anymore except for the first columns which still change background color. I wanted to check some values and it would be much more convenient to use this feature than to count the commas.
Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There is indeed a confirmed bug. In certain cases, only the first pair of column/value is highlighted. We are working on resolving that issue.
Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much.
Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: