SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Solaris installation information

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Solaris installation information
dupuip6

Post Solaris installation information Reply with quote
Hi,
I looking to buy your scheduler but I have some question before I can try it.
1- Where I find the minimum requirements and the installation instruction. We cannot have the root password so I wondering if I will be able to use to your scheduler anyway?
2- We have many Solaris zones on our physical server and I wondering if I will be able to start remote job from one of those zones?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Pierre
Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

Yes, it can be installed and run on Solaris. And Yes, root account is not required. But here is the catch, without isng root account you won't be able to schedule and run jobs on behave of other users. Each user will need to run a separate instance of 24x7 or share the same account.
1. Minimum requirements (copy & paste from the product page): Disk space - 42.2 MB not including JRE. JRE 1.5 is required and it is preinstalled on every Solaris system. Memory, no meaningful low limit.
2. Yes, as long as you can connect via TCP/IP protocol. Since you cannot run 24x7 under root account, you will need to setup a separate instance for each user account you want to use for remote job running.
Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:48 am View user's profile Send private message
dupuip6

Post Reply with quote
the scheduler is install now on one of my server... I am not so familiar with your product... I created a jobdatase and add a batch job to run at 9:30pm daily. I am running on Unix without root permission. How I can have the scheduler run in back ground? Should I run master.sh or agent.sh? Please could you help? Thanks.
Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: