SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SQL Assistant 6 Beta] SVN utility not installed?

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SQL Assistant 6 Beta] SVN utility not installed?
niezgod

Post [SQL Assistant 6 Beta] SVN utility not installed? Reply with quote
Hello

I've created new SCS Project. When I try to open Repository Browser then after question about connection settings there is error message:
"Could not execute SVN utility (is it installed?)"
What kind of svn utility is required by SQL Assistant? Other SVN clients (TortoiseSVN and AnkhSVN) works fine on this machine and with the same configuration settings. Dos it work with local SVN server only?

configuration:
DB Type: SQL Server
SCS Engine: Subversion
Workspace Directory: D:\SA6_test\SVN_DB
Repository Server URL: http://svn_server.local:24000
Project Path in Repository: svn/SVN_DB/trunk

My machine: Windows XP, SQL Asisstant used with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (2005 developer edition)

My subversion server works on non standard port - maybe this is the reason.
Another observation: Local working directory was created with strange subdirectory (with whole Repository Server URL in name). But this was already reported on this forum.
Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:29 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I'm not sure about AnkhSVN but I use TortoiseSVN and I'm quite sure it does its job without using svn.exe (console executable for doing SVN related jobs like checking out, committing, etc.) so if you only have TortoiseSVN installed that won't be enough. Check AnkhSVN's install folder for svn.exe and include that folder in your PATH environmental variable.

If it does not contain svn.exe I'd recommend SlikSVN. It has svn.exe in its bin folder and its install adds it to PATH. It might not be necessary to install it, perhaps it's enough to rip that file from an install, but I cannot say that for sure, I haven't tried.
Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:46 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
SAL Assistant uses svn.exe behind the scenes to work with SVN repositories. The architecture is designed to allow hooking to different types of source control systems (SCS) without changing the internal engines, sort of a pluggable or semi-pluggable interface. We are planning on adding support for Visual Source Safe and Team Foundation Server in a near future and perhaps supporting other SCSes if there is sufficient demand for that.

To get SVN installed, you can grab it here. It's free. http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/win32svn/1.6.17/Setup-Subversion-1.6.17.msi

For other types of systems, start here http://subversion.apache.org/packages.html

Last edited by SysOp on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:08 am View user's profile Send private message
knechod

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
We are planning on supporting Visual Source Safe and Team Foundation Server in a near future and perhaps supporting other SCSes if there is sufficient demand for that.

Awesome! I vote for TFS.

Kevin
Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
niezgod

Post Reply with quote
Now works OK. Thank you
Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: