SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
MSSQL2008 crash when enabled system audit

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
MSSQL2008 crash when enabled system audit
levin

Post MSSQL2008 crash when enabled system audit Reply with quote
We have a SQL2008 64bit server running on a 64bit Windows 2008 R2 Server, after the DB audit deployed on the same server and trying to enable "System Auditing" for Schema Access on two database. Unfortunately, the SQL 2008 instance crash after 2 min, and the crash problem persist after the database restart. Afterwards I disable the system audit immediately via DBExpert GUI during the sql server start up, it seems return to normal.

When I try to look at the audit report, it has 9000 row audit record has been captured.

Do you have any idea according this problem.

Thank you very much.
Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:49 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There should be some related errors and warnings in the Windows Application Event Log. Please check them and let us know what you find there.
Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message
levin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for your prompt follow up, I could not able to access the server now due to non-office hour, so maybe I could attach the event log message later.

Due to the time manner, I have to complete the installation task by tomorrow, before supply those logs information to you, would you please kindly highlight the verification steps in order to eliminate from faulty installation. Which step is critical during the installation? Or likely common errors?

Besides the above verifications, will "Audit queue size" relate to hang/crash behavior? The default "2MB" actually support how many inserts per sec?

appreciated for your help!
Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: