SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
COM run jobs and queues
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
COM run jobs and queues
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
My 2 cents... when you run it in detached mode, the job is unable to find the other job you want to send to a queue and that's why you get an error occurring "…while executing runjobs. Error: Null object reference"
That Null object reference error in turn leads to the crash. A detached job cannot access other jobs.

When you run it in the interactive debugger or run it in Test mode, you run it in the foreground as a non-detached job and it works ok.
Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
LeeD

Post Reply with quote
Yes, thats definitely what I'm seeing but for reference RunJob Jal method works fine on a detached job just not JobSendToQueue.

This is fine as a limitation it does make sense but at the same time it's not documented and the failure is not handled cleanly or reported usefully.
Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I agree with you on both points. All errors should be handled gracefully and correctly reported
Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: