SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Assistant truncates PL/SQL Developer menu

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Assistant truncates PL/SQL Developer menu
Albert

Post SQL Assistant truncates PL/SQL Developer menu Reply with quote
Hello!
SQL Assistant trancates "PL/SQL Developer" context menu when a parameter 'SQL Assistance' is set to 'None' and 'Environment Integration'='Context menu' in target options.
Version: 5.0.97
Thanks!
Thu May 06, 2010 6:59 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Would you please attach a screenshot demonstrating this issue?

By the way, how do you use SQL Assistant when 'SQL Assistance' is set to 'None' ?
Thu May 06, 2010 8:02 am View user's profile Send private message
Albert

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
how do you use SQL Assistant when 'SQL Assistance' is set to 'None' ?

There are much of another usefull features (sql reference, sql snippets and other features that are accessible via SQL Assistant Context Menu and via its hotkeys). Pl/SQL Developer assistant is more essential in its environment :)
SysOp wrote:
Would you please attach a screenshot demonstrating this issue?

Of course (some time later. Now I have no posibility to do it)
Thanks
Thu May 06, 2010 8:23 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You don't want to say that PL/SQL Developer provides stronger SQL Intellisense than SQL Assistant?

If you do, please let us know which particular features you find better implemented in PL/SQL Developer. Hope we can improve them
Thu May 06, 2010 8:46 am View user's profile Send private message
Albert

Post Reply with quote
Hello!
Here you can see a video capture of this error
http://www.zshare.net/video/758705858f7f7d68/
Quote:
You don't want to say that PL/SQL Developer provides stronger SQL Intellisense than SQL Assistant?

I don't want to say so. SQL assistant is more powerfull :) But when you are working with a set of databases it is not quite comfortable to reconnect assistant every time. Pl/sql developer assistant is lightweight and self-sufficient in most cases
Thanks!
Sun May 09, 2010 7:47 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for the video. Unfortunately the screen is very small and the problem is hard to spot for a person unfamiliar with what should be there in the first place. It is also impossible to pause any video frame for review because of the commercials displayed during pause instead of the paused video frame. We still need more details in order to troubleshoot this issue. Can you describe how to reproduce the problem? If I get it correctly, something is different on the screen after you invoke SQL Assistant options and make some changes. Is that a reproducible issue after restarting PL/SQL Developer? or is it occurring after using the Apply button on the Options dialog and continuing working with the same editor instance?

By the way, SQL Assistant supports API functions that can be used to pass OCI connection pointers and this way allow connection sharing. I have heard that PL/SQL Developer supports plug-in interface. Perhaps somebody might be interested in building a bridge and using plugin + API method to integrate both solutions more tightly and avoid separate connections. Or maybe you can talk to AllRound Automations and ask them for help with building such integration for yourself.
Sun May 09, 2010 11:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Albert

Post Reply with quote
Hello! I see that this error exists in new realize as before.
I've published my previous video on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8LmNR8NMBE
I hope it'll be more adequate :)

>>I have heard that PL/SQL Developer supports plug-in interface
Yes, you are right. Moreover, sometime ago SQL Assistance began its development from a plugin for Pl/SQl Developer (If I am not wrong :)

Thanks!!!
Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:46 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for the new video. I can now see the issue that you are talking about. I've submitted a new support ticket for this issue. Issue #SA11578
Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:08 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I was told the issue with PL/SQL Developer right-click menu truncation has been resolved in build 5.1.26
Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:31 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: