SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
MS Access - intellisense for tables

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
MS Access - intellisense for tables
exavier

Post MS Access - intellisense for tables Reply with quote
Hello, I tried to use SqlAssistant with Access (mdb in 2003 format and accdb in 2007) fromat but can't get the list of tables/views. I tried from within Access IDE, from Visual Studio 2008, Notepad and Ultraedit. In Ultraedit after CTRL+TAB i get at least list popup but it is empty. In other editors I never get the list of tables or views. When I fully write the table in FROM caluse then I can gate list of columns in SELECT caluse.

My expectation (based on documention) was much more - just type FROM and space and also getting the list after JOIN and so on. I went through all the options but haven't found anything more I could use.

Anyone get this work?

Thanks
eXavier
Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:34 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It sounds like your config is corrupted. Please try reloading SQL Assistant default settings to undo any customizations you may have in the config file. To reload, use Import / Export button in the options and choose to load all default settings.

Also, if you have v5.0 beta installed parallel to 4.x, please don't try to 4.x as it cannot understand config changes in the more recent config file installed with the beta.
Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:58 am View user's profile Send private message
exavier

Post Reply with quote
I just downloaded current evaluation version yesterday - it reports itself as 4.7.1 in About dialog (the strange thing is that Check for updates shows version 4.8.29 is available). I haven't tried beta 5.

I tested it right after the installation..
Now I tried to Import the default settings, even complete reinstallation but the behavior is quite consistent in not showing the list of tables/views. It sometimes becomes Not Responding and I have to kill it at all..

Is it better in version 5? I like the described functionality but still can't get it work
Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:58 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think you are looking in a wrong place. Please check your system. I think you got some problems with the installation. Please make sure you run all setups when logged in as a local administrator (or domain admin) and always choose Run As Administrator for setups. Don't let Windows silently undo your setup changes in config files and registry after the installation is complete.
Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:35 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: