SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
RunAs.exe Difficulty

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
RunAs.exe Difficulty
Joshua Youngblood

Post RunAs.exe Difficulty Reply with quote
I am attempting to use RunAs from the command line using the following command:
Quote:
C:\PCCDB\Admin>RunAs.exe "<user>" "<password>" /V "C:\PCCDB\RunReport\RunReport.bat" "PCC0690 5200 "" PCC0690_PCC0690 A,output_files\PCC0690.eqt:I,input_data_files\PCC0690I.eqt: """

Although it doesn't look like it on this page, I have 2 spaces before "PCC0690_PCC0690", and I have 3 spaces after "PCC0690_PCC0690". When a DOS screen for the program that RunAs has kicked off pops up, the spaces (even the ones in double-quotes) have been trimmed down to 1 space (similarly to the way your forum editor is behaving (this is not a complaint, but an easy example)). We must have the spaces because hundreds of our programs are expecting the spaces as a result of how the language accepts input and stores strings. Is there a way to get RunAs to not get rid of spaces in quoted strings?
Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The entire set of parameters that you want to pass to the process launched by RunAs, I mean all parameters following your executable name, should be passed as a single parameter for RunAs. In your case, you would need to escape double quotes within that parameter to make it run correctly. Hope this explanation makes sense.

In the post I cannot see the exact command as some spaces are trimmed, but the result should look similar to the following

C:\PCCDB\Admin>RunAs.exe "<user>" "<password>" /V C:\PCCDB\RunReport\RunReport.bat "PCC0690 5200 \" PCC0690_PCC0690 A,output_files\PCC0690.eqt:I,input_data_files\PCC0690I.eqt: \""

And by the way, since you are running 24x7 AS, you can use mode advanced version of RunAs that comes with the AS and use /E switch to encrypt the entire command line and avoid specifying user/password values in plain text.
Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
Joshua Youngblood

Post Reply with quote
Excellent! Thank you for your help.
Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: