SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Web Based Console: Create new job error
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Web Based Console: Create new job error
Whatanut

Post Reply with quote
Error also confirmed on another Windows XP SP2 install with IE8.
Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Whatanut

Post Reply with quote
Alright, I turned on script debugging to have a look at what the code was trying to do. The previous error message is slightly misleading. The page being called is actually pageRedirector.asp. Which I'm assuming through a series of includes calls messageActions.asp. By the time it is presented to the browser it is line 99 that is triggering the error. But when looking at the source asp files the line is actually line 64 in messageActions.asp. It appears that a bad value is being passed to the function siwtchActions
Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Well, all that pageRedirectror stuff etc... is running on the server and that seems to be working. If and if I understood you correctly, the error you are getting is on the client side in a client side JavaScript that basically says, the referenced property of an object on a client side is invalid. And it refers to "checked" and "disabled" properties of client side HTML objects (such s as checkbox or button), which are surely valid names. It seems like the referenced page is not getting loaded or somehow messageAction page is getting stuck and not getting unloaded. Something really weird is going on there.

By the way, I'm assuming you are playing with the "blank job" when you are creating a new job and not some custom template. Am I right? Are you leaving the notification actions page all blank or selecting some options before clicking the Next button?
Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please verify for me that you have the following options set in your IIS web server settings for the web site running the web console interface.

1. "Enable parent path" - this must be checked
2. "Enable session state" - this must be checked.
3. "Enable buffering" - this is recommended
4. "ASP Script Timeout" is set to default 90 seconds or larger value

And I still would like to see screenshot of your Job Wizard dialog before and after the error. It may help to spot the cause of the issue. By the way, you know that you can attach images to posts, right?
Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
Whatanut

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
1. "Enable parent path" - this must be checked

Yes
Quote:
2. "Enable session state" - this must be checked.

Yes
Quote:
3. "Enable buffering" - this is recommended

Yes
Quote:
4. "ASP Script Timeout" is set to default 90 seconds or larger value

Yes
Quote:
By the way, I'm assuming you are playing with the "blank job" when you are creating a new job and not some custom template. Am I right?

Yes. I am using the blank job template. The error is also produced when editing existing jobs. But the blank job template is sufficient to produce the error.
Quote:
Are you leaving the notification actions page all blank or selecting some options before clicking the Next button?

It does not not matter if the checkboxes are selected or not. I've tried leaving them blank, checking a few, checking them all. The error is always the same.
Quote:
And I still would like to see screenshot of your Job Wizard dialog before and after the error. It may help to spot the cause of the issue. By the way, you know that you can attach images to posts, right?

I'm rather perplexed that you are unable to reproduce the error. I've been able to reproduce it in 4 browsers across three different operating systems...

Based on another page I found it kind of sounds like it may be related to some sort of bug in javascript. But I'd expect you guys to be able to reproduce it if it were something as fundamental as that. See the following thread:
http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-109617.html

The last post suggests a possible cause... which is pretty much identical to what is going on here.

I seem to be having issues with attaching images. There are 5 specified but I'm only seeing one show up in the post...
Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:41 am View user's profile Send private message
Whatanut

Post Reply with quote
I tihnk my work firewall is blocking the site used for uploading photos. Seems to upload them. But I can't view them. Let me know if they got through.
Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:48 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks. They got through.
Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Whatanut

Post Reply with quote
Ready for it to get weirder? I started playing with the function checkActionsAndEvents from messageActions.asp to see if I could narrow down what was going on. This is where I've ended up. If I comment out lines 40, 41, 42, 45, 49, 50, 51, 52 and 53 I can get past the events dialog. Why lines 39, 43, 44, 46 and 47 don't cause the error is beyond me.
Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:47 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
While reviewing your images I noticed that I am connecting to a different version of 24x7. You are running MP Edition (looks like 4.2), I'm connecting to Win Edition 3.6.

Please hold on. I need to get the same environment setup on the test system.
Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Whatanut

Post Reply with quote
Yes. MP 4.2 running on Windows Server 2008 with JVM 1.5.0_18-b02
Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Ok, we have finally nailed it down. This is a version compatibility issue. A change is required in messageActions.asp to bridge the difference between 3.5.1 version of ASP console and 4.2.280 version of 24x7 MP. I will ask to support to email you the updated file.
Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Whatanut

Post Reply with quote
Glad to hear it. I look forward to receiving the updated file.
Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Whatanut

Post Reply with quote
The new messageActions.asp file has resolved this particular issue.
Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:37 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: