SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Assistant 3.5.11 Custom Code Snippet Not Working

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Assistant 3.5.11 Custom Code Snippet Not Working
syed_afraz_ali

Post SQL Assistant 3.5.11 Custom Code Snippet Not Working Reply with quote
Hi guys!
I am using SQL Assistant 3.5.11 and I am trying to create my own custom code snippet. The problem is that none of them work. The only code snippet that is working is the 'fun' snippet provided by default. I have created mine with the name of 'sel' but if I write 'sel' and press CTRL + ENTER it only takes the editor to the previous line.

By the way I am truing to do this in Query Editor of SQL Server 2005

Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot
Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:51 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Silly question but... is the snippet name ticked in the snippet list?

And not so silly question, which SQL Assistance type is currently linked to MS Management Studio target? Is that the same type whose snippets you are trying to modify and use?
Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:31 am View user's profile Send private message
syed_afraz_ali

Post Reply with quote
Hello SysOP,

Thanks for replying.

Well everything is fine the snippet is ticked and yes it is currently bound to the right instance i.e SQL Server, the code snippet is also correct i.e T-SQL.

It turns out that when I restarted my system it started to work.

I don't know what was the exact prolbem but for now its working. The only problem is I need to restart my system after I create any snippet.

By the way can you help me in how can I export my snippets and save them to a file so that later if I re-install SQL Assistant I may be able to retrieve them?

Thanks a lot
Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:12 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the update. Good to know it is working now.

I suspect that you've installed SQL Assistant add-on for SSMS but instead of using add-on menus, you are using SQL Assistant system tray application menus to manage snippets and settings and that's why your changes don't have immediate effect. Please use SQL Assistant menus in SSMS to change settings specific to SSMS.

All settings are saved in %APPDATA%\SQL Assistant\4.6\SQLAssist.sas file which is a text file. Make a backup of this file in case you need to re-install it later. By the way, version 4.7 will support new graphical interface for selective copying of settings between different SQL Assistant versions and between different installations. Stay tuned.
Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:20 am View user's profile Send private message
syed_afraz_ali

Post Reply with quote
Hi SysOp!

you are right I am not using the Addo-ns menus, can u please tell me where can I find that menu the only option that I have in Start Menu is SQL Assistan, Un install and User manual.

Please remeber that I have version 3.5.11 and not the latest one.

Best Regards.
Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:51 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: