SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Assistant v4 Feedback - second impressions

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Assistant v4 Feedback - second impressions
kenpem

Post Assistant v4 Feedback - second impressions Reply with quote
Still impressed! Haven't done any MySQL stuff recently, but have been very active in MS-SQL SMSE.

One of the features I'm growing to love has been dubbed by me as the "WTF does that do?" function - control-click just about anything and you get a pane of information, either a quick peek at the data, or (most usefully) see the code of a sproc or func. Absolute genius! Don't know how I lived without this before, and can't imagine being without it ever again.

Only one way to improve on this... especially during the development cycle, I'll often want to do more than just look at the code, I'll want to change it. Another right-click menu option or button or something (even in the context menu of the preview pane) which fires up a new query window containing that code would be killer.

Keep up the good stuff!
Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for nice comments. I'm glad you fond this tool useful. We have an enhancement request already in the queue for simplifying object code reverse-engineering and editing functions. I cannot give you an expected implementation timeframe at this time because this particular feature is not yet prioritized. It appears that implementing this feature requires significant amount of work in on order to support many different databases supported by SQL Assistant.

Right now, you can use the following method, which is not perfect, but not completed either. Ctrl+Click on the referenced object to open its code in the Code View pane, then click the little copy icon displayed in the right-top corner of that pane to get code copied to the clipboard and then paste it into the editor. You can paste into already open window, or open a new one and paste there. Note that if nothing is selected, the entire code is copied. If some part of the code is selected, then only that part is copied.
Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:43 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: