SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Replacement Error for Intellisence

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Replacement Error for Intellisence
Vaccano

Post Replacement Error for Intellisence Reply with quote
RUNNING BETA 4.0 VERSION
When I use the intellisense in a New query window in visual studio I am getting a replacement problem.

Here are the repro steps:
1. Connect to a Data Connection
2. Right Click on the data Connection in the Server Explorer Window.
3. Select New Query
4. If asked to select a table don't select any (I don't know if this step matters or not)
5. Go the the SQL part of the window
6. Type in "sel"
7. Select the "SELECT" intellisense option.
RESULT: you get "sSELECT"
EXPECTED: you get "SELECT"

I am running on Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Team System. My OS is Win XP

I hope I give enough feed back for a Free License :)
Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. I think this should be enough to reproduce the issue is the issue is tool specific. Just one more thing please if you can answer, does it happen only in VS or you can reproduce it in other tools (if you don't have any other, please enable Notepad target and try if the same think occurs in Notepad)
Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please tell us whether you installed the required SQL Assistant Add-in for VS?

Note that the "install VS add-in" option is not checked by default because not all VS users use VS as a database development tool. In case you haven't selected that required option during the install, please double-click SQL Assistant icon in the system tray, on the Options dialog navigate to MS Visual Studio target, expand Advanced options (on right) and change "Register SQL Assistant Add-in" option value to "Yes." Click OK and restart VS. In case that option is already "Yes" but you had previous version of SQL Assistant installed, do it in 2 steps. Set it to "No" first and then repeat and set it to "Yes"

Hope this helps.
Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vaccano

Post Reply with quote
I did check the Visual Studio Checkbox (because we use it for database stuff). But I decided to follow the steps indicated just to be sure. The "Register SQL Assistant Add-in" value was set to "No". I set it to yes and restarted my VS.

The problem still happened after I did that.

This only happens in Visual Studio (i.e. does not happen in SSMS). Also it does not happen if I am just in a normal editor window in Visual Studio (ie a .cs file). This only happens in the SQL Section of a Query Window.

Let me know if you need more info.

Vaccano

I hope I give enough feed back for a Free License :)
Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks. We were able to reproduce it. As you noticed there were 2 different window classes in VS 2008 and we were supporting only one of them. We are adding support for the new query window class. This enhancement will be available in the next build, which is currently scheduled for Monday of next week. Stay tuned.
Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: