SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Assistant 4.0 beta support for Access 2007

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Assistant 4.0 beta support for Access 2007
FixAte

Post Assistant 4.0 beta support for Access 2007 Reply with quote
No support from Assistant on Access 2007. With a VBA code window open, when I right-click on the Assistant icon in the tray, selecting Target, everything is grayed out except "Modify Target Options". When I select this option, it displays a warning message "Unsupported window class".
Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It is not designed to work in VBA window. Please use it in the database query window (I mean the text mode, not graphical mode).
Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
FixAte

Post Reply with quote
Hmmm, now that is what happens when you are exited about something. Yes, it works wonders in the database query window, which is what it's designed for. I often write Access queries, so will post when I have suggestions.

Thanks
Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Great!

Just in case... You can, but you don't actually need to use query window in Access to write Access queries. The query window tends to distort your input, adding stuff you don't want and forgeting the formatting. Indeed, you can write the same Access queries in Notepad. It is much more convenient. No kidding. Just enable this target in SQL Assistant options and change the target type to MS Access. When you start typing, you will get the same connect prompt and more of the functionality. You can then paste results to Access or just save them as regular SQL files.
Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: