SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Turning Off History

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Turning Off History
seth.rothman

Post Turning Off History Reply with quote
I'm running v. 3.5.11 and I've set the number of items to show in the History to be 0 and SQL Assistant still seems to wanna show the most recently typed SQL. Is there something else that needs to be done to turn it off?

Also, is there a way to turn off the "UPDATE" logic when I type "UPDATE <tablename>" and it fills in the SET with all the available field names? Thanks.
Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:19 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
For "history control" you likely made a change in a wrong place. If you are using SQL Assistant's plugin, you should change configuration in the plugin settings (right-click, SQL assistant menu branch, Options), not in the global settings (using system tray icon). If you make changes in the global settings, you need to reatart all target editors, before your changes take full effect.

For the UPDATE, hold down the Shift key while pasting table/view name, it will not generate column list. Even more efficient solution is to define a code snipped with a name like "up" and text "UPDATE $OBJECT$" this way you can type up<Ctrl> and you get UPDATE with the selected object name without any columns inserted. This will save you several key presses.

By the way, the most recent released version is 3.5.21 – it has a big improvement in the menus.
Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:49 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: