SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Auto Table Name prefix

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Auto Table Name prefix
hitesh

Post Auto Table Name prefix Reply with quote
Hi,

I am using SQL Asssitant ver 3.1.24.

There are many instances when SQL Assistance automatically prefix table name before column name inspite after setting configuration option "Automatically Add Aliases" set to FALSE and also when only single table name is used in FROM clause. This makes simple SQLs very long and unreadable. I have reported this error previously and it seems it is not yet fix. Pl look into this and make appropriate correction before releasing version 3.5.
Wed May 07, 2008 1:57 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The value of "automatically add aliases" option is irrelevant in this case.

In case you code an alias-less statement and choose column names from popups, SQL Assistant will not add alias or table name in front of picked column names, unless the current SQL statement contains references to other objects (or what it might think is the current SQL statement references.)

PS 1. In proper conditions, I'm unable to reproduce the described behavior. The only case when I get full names is when I have multiple objects in the same query.
PS 2. Version 3.5 is going to be released this week. There is nothing can be done to change any features or behavior before the release. Things can be changed later in the following maintenance builds and minor releases.
Wed May 07, 2008 2:32 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: