SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Accepting enhancement suggestions for new releases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Accepting enhancement suggestions for new releases
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
In response to the previous post
Quote:
In other words, if a table-level is expanded in the object list displayed after join and a column is selected., then convert this into [table] ON [column] rather than [table].[column]. If I get it right, it can be surely done.

This feature has been implemented in 3.5

In response to the last one
Quote:
. I wish I could select that table as an option. It would be great for self joins or if you need the table twice for whatever reason.

You cannot select this special item. This special item is used as a kind of holder for grouping other sub items together. However, if you have a self-referencing foreign key in that table, you can find it in the list of suggested joins. If you don't, you are left with an option to type the table name. After typing the ON keyword you should get a popup containing matching column names as suggestions for the self-referencing join.
Thu May 08, 2008 12:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
judahr

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
In response to the previous post
Quote:
In other words, if a table-level is expanded in the object list displayed after join and a column is selected., then convert this into [table] ON [column] rather than [table].[column]. If I get it right, it can be surely done.

This feature has been implemented in 3.5

This doesn't appear to work in 3.5.11.
Using:
Code:
Select From dbo.Table t INNER JOIN
At this point, if you select down to the column level it outputs Table.Column. Rather than Schema.Table Alias ON Alias.Column.
Mon May 12, 2008 6:26 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Both of that work fine for me. I cannot reproduce what you are describing.
Here is how it works for me, I'm going to use [ ] to indicate where the text is inserted by SQL Assistant

USE Ad[ventureWorks] [Enter]
SELECT FROM sa[les.Customers c] INNER JOIN [CustomerAddress->CustomerID = c.CustomerID]

I get
SELECT FROM sales.Customer c INNER JOIN sales.CustomerAddress ca ON ca.CustomerID = c.CustomerID

Perhaps in your case the issue is with foregn key definition.
Mon May 12, 2008 10:07 am View user's profile Send private message
judahr

Post Reply with quote
Actually, this is where there is no FK and you are selecting from a table list, but you select to the column level. So it would be more like this:

USE Ad[ventureWorks] [Enter]
SELECT FROM sa[les.Customers c] INNER JOIN [CustomerAddress->CustomerID]

You'd get
SELECT FROM sales.Customer c INNER JOIN sales.CustomerAddress ca ON ca.CustomerID

At least that is what I was trying to describe before. Sounds like it was misunderstood.
Mon May 12, 2008 12:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Oh... I see now, Yes I misunderstood your comments. Sorry about that.

Pasting columns from these places is not the same thing as pasting them from the JOIN "special area.". Columns in these levels/places are provided just for references or in case you need to paste them into the text (anywhere). They are not supposed to be used for inserting JOINs. JOINS work differently and feature different handling mechanism.

By the way, pasting of column names and function/procedure parameters from the secondary levels works consistently in all places, if you select a column after FROM or WHERE and there is no table alias then a full column name table.column is inserted, otherwise an aliased name is inserted alias .column.
Mon May 12, 2008 12:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
judahr

Post Reply with quote
That's why I requested the enhancement. It would be very convenient from a FROM clause to select to the column level to save some steps. Rather than:

Select the table
Space
On
Table alias
dot
Select the column

You would have:

Navigate to the table
Right arrow
Select the column

You've saved me three steps. (and boosted by productivity)
Mon May 12, 2008 1:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
tarik

Post Reply with quote
scrolling over the pop-up list.

Very often I have a long list of servers, table, columns etc. I wish there was an option to get to end of the list from the first posistion by pressing the up-arrow, and opposite from the last position to first by using the down-arrow.
Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:58 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I've submitted this to the enhancements queue. Hope this can make it to version 4 beta, which is expected in late September.
Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:12 am View user's profile Send private message
pvdm

Post Reply with quote
Hi would it be possible for you guys add functionality to highlight all instances of an highlighted word, similar to what happens when you put the cursor at an BEGIN or END statement. It will just make it a lot easier to at a single glance see all references of for example a column name in a script.
Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think that's a very nice idea. What do you think about using some hot key or key+mouse click to activate the highlighting (similar to how Ctrl+click is used for data lookups?
Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
pvdm

Post Reply with quote
Yep that could work. I had just a normal mouse double click in mind, but that would limit you to the outo-select of the editor.
Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
pvdm

Post Reply with quote
Another feature that would be nice to have, is the ability to tell SQL Assist to get the source code for the "Show Procedure Code" option from a file source, for example the source control drive. All our Sp's and udf's are encrypted so the Ctrl +Click does not work.
Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
ssandu

Post Rename variables (and other objects) Reply with quote
What if you could make an option for renaming objects in code.
For example I am using something similar to SQL Assistant in Visual Studio.
Here when I have the cursor over an object and I press F2 it's highlight this object and all references in the code window.
Then when I type the new name it's replacing all the references with that name.
It's just an idea.
Thank's for reading.
Sorin Sandu
Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:37 am View user's profile Send private message
Larkov

Post Package variables SQL-Assistant 4beta Reply with quote
I hoped to see also the packagevariables in PL/SQL-Developer by pressing CTRL+Space, but the only advancement in the new version seems to be that I can see the local variables in a special function or procedure of the package.

If I AM already IN the package, then I think it should show my "local" package-variables in the same way it shows the local procedure-variables of the actual point... Both are variables I should "see" at that point.

Additionally I saw today that SQL-Assistant 4 is not working correct in Triggers (Oracle 9.2). There are no popups coming after entering ":new." or ":old.". That is not a consequent support of the assistant.

Greetings, Larkov

Last edited by Larkov on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you everybody for your suggestions. We will review and prioritize them for implementation in new versions.
Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: