SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Accepting enhancement suggestions for new releases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Accepting enhancement suggestions for new releases
gemisigo

Post Automatically closing brackets Reply with quote
Is there a way to alter the "(|)" snippet somehow so that it will not be triggered when there is something right to the cursor? I want to disable it in certain situations. Most of the times it comes in handy it is automatically closed after the opening bracket but if there is something (already existing) I want to enclose I have to remove the closing one first.
Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:53 am View user's profile Send private message
pvdm

Post Highligt Matching Word Enhancement Reply with quote
I have been testing out the latest Beta (Pretty cool :) ) and was wondering if it would be possible to show all the highlighted matching words positions in the Indicator bar on the right as well, the same way it shows parsing error locations and now unused variable locations.
Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Would you like me to submit that as a feature request?
Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
pvdm

Post Reply with quote
Yes please.
Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
judahr

Post Autobackup of Settings on Install Reply with quote
It would be nice to have an automatic backup of settings on Install. Example, my Beta expired, so I couldn't get into the app to backup what I had. So if the installer would see that there are settings, just back them up to the normal location timestamped with something like pre-5.0.93.
Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:22 am View user's profile Send private message
judahr

Post Productivity Measurement - Time Saved Reply with quote
Time Saved = time saved from characters typed by user (characters added / (wpm * avg length of word)) + 5 seconds or so for each time a popup appears and an item is chosen (time saved from looking up the info yourself). However, if you popup the checkbox column selection, you can't count 5 seconds for each of the columns, but I think .5 - 1 second per column is saved.

Then you could allow users to opt into anonymous usage reporting. Built up some statistics to provide additional productivity sales info.
Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:29 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It actually backs the configuration settings. But that is a bit different for the beta. If the setup program is run for a new maintenance or major version, it picks the old file copies it a new directory and converts to the new version format. If the setup is run for the same version, it uses the existing file, there are no upgrades for the settings file.

In the beta that wasn't done on purpose, some significant changes have been made in the settings file structure during the beta period. The data in initial builds is not fully compatible with the latest beta builds.

Your old config files are still intact and can be found in %APPDATA%\SQL Assistant\[version] folders. Copy for example 4.8 file to 5.0 folder and rename it to .OLD. Restart SQL Assistant and it should automatically upgrade it to the new format.
Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm sorry I'm not following you on "time saved" comments. Where do you see "time saved" stats?
Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
judahr

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
I'm sorry I'm not following you on "time saved" comments. Where do you see "time saved" stats?

I don't see it. It is a new feature suggestion.
Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I see that 5.0 is finally released. Congrats :) You're still accepting feature suggestions/requests, aren't you?
Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Absolutely, and thank you! We are always happy to learn what could make you more productive while using SQL Assistant or could improve your SQL Assistant experience. We log and prioritize all suggestions.

Technically 5.0 is still in a process of being released. Yet, the next maintenance release 5.1 is not very far away.
Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
lkendall

Post Reply with quote
Would like to add a feature suggestion for snippets:
The option to include snippets in the intellisense would be great.

And for Intellisense - the ability to do acronym matches/filtering like typing ARB for a table named AccountRegisterBalance would be awesome.

I use a Visual Studio add-in called Visual Assist by Whole Tomato that does that type of stuff. Amazing intellisense. BTW, your add-in for Visual Studio seems to conflict (or vice versa) with their add-in. Your intellisense lists populate but don't display until you mouse over them. If I disable Visual Assist in VS your add-in works perfect. No big deal since I use SSMS anyhow for SQL work, but thought I'd mention it.

Still trialing SQL Assistant btw, but getting SO hooked on it... GREAT product.
Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
lkendall

Post Reply with quote
How about multi-monitor support? I noticed when using prompts in snippets, the dialog box keeps opening on my main monitor instead of where SSMS is running on my secondary...
Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
lkendall

Post Reply with quote
When code formatting Ctrl+F11; auto-correct object casing?
Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Let me reply in one message

Quote:
The option to include snippets in the intellisense would be great.

Not sure I follow you. Isn't that already there?

Quote:
And for Intellisense - the ability to do acronym matches/filtering like typing ARB for a table named AccountRegisterBalance would be awesome.

Sure. You can do that. Add a new code snippet ARB, with the text AccountRegisterBalance and set this snippet to be activated after the last entered letter, Key Char option set to Last Char. That will do it. You can define as many as you want. You can even more it to automatically generate list of columns for ARB or do some other automation of the code entry.

Quote:
How about multi-monitor support? I noticed when using prompts in snippets, the dialog box keeps opening on my main monitor instead of where SSMS is running on my secondary...

I think that's controlled by Windows. If you move the prompt dialog once to the second monitor it will likely stick there. Please give it a try

Quote:
When code formatting Ctrl+F11; auto-correct object casing?

Changing object casing during code formatting is not currently performed. The formatting is done syntaxically, without recognizing specific object names, should I say in "off-line" mode not using database connection or cached object names. You can also format SQL files from command line without any database connection.
Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: