SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Code Snippets not working in MSMS 2005

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Code Snippets not working in MSMS 2005
Martin Sevcik

Post Code Snippets not working in MSMS 2005 Reply with quote
Hi,
When I try to use Code snippets in MSMS 2005 it does nothing. I tried to use some predefined and custom snippet with default Key Char and then with other but nothing helped.
I tried the same thing on Query Analyzer and everything was OK.

Configuration: Assistant 3.0.21
MSMS 2005 (SP2)
SQL server 2005 (SP2) and SQL 2000 none of them worked
Windows XP SP2

Rgds,

M.
Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Are you sure that only code snippets do not work? What about context popups?, SQL reference, keyword formatting, etc..?

What do you have as a hotkey selected for snippets for SSMS target? What do you have as the default hotkey for snippets?
Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Martin Sevcik

Post Reply with quote
I installed on another machine and it behaves differently. I have same config except that i have also SQL prompt on it.
I can use now code snippets on MSMS 2005, but when I change it Key Char "Tab" it doesn't work. Getting back to default it works again.
Also I experience MSMS fall-down when changing that option and applying it.
Everything else seems to work properly. I had a little time to test for now. Just starting.

M.
Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:01 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
So what about the hot key for snippets for SSMS target? Do you use the default global hotkey Ctrl+Space or you unintentionally changed it for SSMS and now when you press the default nothing happens? Please note that there are 2 places where you can change the hotkeys – global defaults and target specific. Please check in both places.

Do you (or did you) have SQL Prompt or some other add-on installed that intercepts that and possible other hotkeys and removes them from the keyboard queue?
Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:40 am View user's profile Send private message
Martin Sevcik

Post Reply with quote
I don't have Ctrl+Space in combo. The default is Ctrl+Enter. When I use this, it is working. "TAB" does not work.

I don't have these keys blocked anywhere.
At least I don't know about it.

M.
Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:52 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I can confirm that TAB doesn't work in SSMS as a code snippet invocation key. This seems to be specific to SSMS and appears working fine in all other editors. Since snippet keys are defined on the SQL dialect level, not on target level, I don't anything can be done here to make it work differently in SSMS. Please pick a different hot key for code snippets. The default Ctrl+Enter seems to be working fine in SSMS.
Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: