SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
why sqlassistant closw the sql server

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
why sqlassistant closw the sql server
fxerkan

Post why sqlassistant closw the sql server Reply with quote
hi, i'm using sql assistant 2.0.17

when i close the sql assistant, it is close the sql server without any prompt

beside that sometimes sql assistant shutdown the sql server again without prompting anything and i lose everything ( sql server can't recover anything)

i think this is a bug, and it occurs when sql assistant doing something at background
Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:28 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

SQL Assistant uses regular database connections just like any other SQL Server client application. It doesn't do anything specifically to hurt SQL Server. If something happens to the server at the time of SQL Assistance closing it could be caused by a problem in ODBC or SSMO depending on which connection type is used.

We might be able to help you with this issue if you provide more information on what you are doing or can describe a case that can be reproduced on other systems.
Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:11 am View user's profile Send private message
fxerkan

Post Reply with quote
hi,

i'm using windows xp, visual studio 2005 and sql server 2005 full day,

sql assistant only targetted to sql server and the other settings setted to just only sql server not(mysql,oracle target selected)

sometimes when i don't do anything, it is shutdown sql server or when en of the any sql syntax and try to write something it is close very very fast :D

just only this that i describe, because i don't do anything
Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:01 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
SQL Assistant doesn't do anything when you don't do anything. So this part is out of the question.

Could you confirm one more time that SQL Server crashes for no reason when you don't do naything? When you say "SQL Server", you don't mean Visual Studio by any change? or SQL Server Management Studio?
Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
fxerkan

Post Reply with quote
for example today i'm writing the sql with where clauses when intellisence popup is open i try to exec the query with F5, and a sql assistant connection screen open ask me to the connect or close i choose connect and tadaaaa. it is shutdown, this is the one of the shutdown styles
Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:11 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please answer questions in the previous message. Shutdown what? server or the editor? which editor? VS or SSMS?
Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:50 am View user's profile Send private message
fxerkan

Post Reply with quote
Sql Server Management Studio (SSMS)

i don't use Visual Studio as sql assistant target

and i guess sql assistant hook the SSMS and on any crash or like something it is shutdown the hooks. i sad this becuase when i don't start the sql assistant and use the sql server like a notepad without any intellisence, it is never shutdown
Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:13 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks, now it is clear that the problem is between SQL Assistant and Management Studio, the SQL Server is fine and not affected.

Please check the Windows Application Event Log for error messages or warnings recorded around time when SSMS crashes. Also try to figure out when this problem occurs, when you use a specific hot key, for example, when press F5 to run a query or compile a procedure, or other key to do something else or when you type certain SQL queries and these queries bring down SQL Assistant and SSMS. It is important for us to find out how to reproduce this problem or find some descriptive error indicating in which file this error occurs and at which memory address.
Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
fxerkan

Post Reply with quote
Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1023
Date: 03.07.2007
Time: 11:56:01
User: N/A
Computer: DEGMAN
Description:
.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.42 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A05E2B3) (80131506)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

------------------------------

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Visual Studio - VsTemplate
Event ID: 1
Date: 03.07.2007
Time: 10:42:03
Computer: DEGMAN
Description:
One or more Visual Studio templates do not match any installed project packages.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

this errors occure when i am writing very fastly sql codes and ssms shutdown. so i think this occurs from the intellisence (this is only a guess)
Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:38 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The error comes from .Net Runtime and it doesn't refer to SQL Assistant files. There is a chance that it is somehow linked to SQL Assistant generated activities, but it could be also an issue with .NET configuration.

Please see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913384
Try installing .NET 2.0 hotfix 6005 referenced on this MS support page and check if that helps.
Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:24 am View user's profile Send private message
toast

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

I'd say that for me there's a 99% chance that it's a SQL Assistant related crash. I haven't had Sql Assistant running for a few months now because of this crashing problem. SSMS hasn't been crashing on me in the last few months. I saw that a new version of SQL Assistant was available so I thought I'd try it out see if my exception had been fixed. Unfortunately it had not. After about 15 minutes of working in SSMS with SQL Assistant enabled, SSMS crashed.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime
Event ID: 1023
Date: 19/07/2007
Time: 12:25:59 PM
Computer: WKS517342
Description:
.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.63 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A05F093) (80131506)

When SSMS crashed, I was clicking on the Object Explorer window.
Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:36 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Please see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913384
Try installing .NET 2.0 hotfix 6005 referenced on this MS support page and check if that helps.

Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:48 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: