SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SSMS usage problems with 1.0.68

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SSMS usage problems with 1.0.68
BuildingBlk

Post SSMS usage problems with 1.0.68 Reply with quote
I am currently using SQLPrompt, but am searching for an alternative. While using your product within VSTE for Database Professional, it seems to work flawlessly, and I am very pleased with it so far. However, when trying to use SA with SSMS, i could not get any popups as expected based on my usage within VSTE. So, after reading another users post regarding SSMS, this led me to try a few other options. Prior to reading the post, i was trying the statement
SELECT * FROM
and expecting a popup to happen after i hit [space] after the word FROM (which is exactly how it worked in VSTE).
After reading the post, i tried this
SELECT * FROM msdb.
at which time i was prompted for connection information.

Seeing as this process took me about 20 minutes or so to go through, i thought it might help other patrons/customers to know that when using SA the first time within SSMS, you need to force the connection prompt to occur by trying to access something with an explicit call to the defined DB.

As stated, so far it is working flawlessly otherwise, and look forward to being able to drop Red-Gate from my machine.

Thank you.
Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:42 pm
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your feedback. I am forwarding this issue to development team. Hope it can be addressed in one the builds coming in the following 2 weeks.
Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: