SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
how to remove some pl/sql code from our databa

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
how to remove some pl/sql code from our databa
Nantharat

Post how to remove some pl/sql code from our database Reply with quote

when I install dbtools and use db monitoring tools,
Program install some code in our database and use CPU resource up to 80%
may I remove this code and how to

thank you,

Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:09 am View user's profile Send private message
Alex Krotov

Post Re: how to remove some pl/sql code from our databa Reply with quote

The reason it takes that much resources is that you didn't configure it properly or installed everything and running all background monitoring packages all the time.

You probably don't need each and every feature. For example, if your goal is to troubleshot and optimize background database jobs (locks, conflicts, timing, CPU, memory usage, and so on), you can then install DB Job Expert's job monitoring package, let it run for a few days and then turn it off.

If your goal is to profile database applications (locks, users. object access, SQL executed, run-time, CPU, memory, and so on....) then should turn on application monitoring package for a few days (maybe a week or two) and then turn it off.

I suggest that the only package you run all the time (actually once a week; night time on weekend) is DB Trends. Other packages should be activated/deactivated as needed.

To activate/deactivate specific packages use DB Job Expert. Login as ORA_MONITOR user (password can be found in the online help). Use enable/disable option for jobs in ORA_MONITOR schema.

In case if you want to uninstall all repository objects, explain plan tables, background packages at once, execute DROP USER ORA_MONITOR CASCADE;

: when I install dbtools and use db monitoring tools,
: Program install some code in our database and use CPU resource up to 80%
: may I remove this code and how to

: thank you,

Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:13 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: