SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Purchase

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Purchase
Eddy Richards

Post Purchase Reply with quote

I currently run Oracle 8i

I am thinking of purchasing Dbmail and I was wondering if I would be able to set up an automated e-mailing system with it. Where by users would be able to e-mail in and receive an automated e-mail in response ”saying their e-mail had been received”.

Any Info would be greatly appreciated.

Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:21 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Re: Purchase Reply with quote

You can either use DB Mail preinstalled SEND_MAIL function or develop your own function will send email messages using DB Mail. In the function code you can put some logic to validate the messages and check DB Mail return code. If the return code is 0 (which indicates success) you can then send an automatic "reply" email to the user notifying him that the message was processed.

However, you should be aware that there is no way to verify that the original messages actually has been read by the intended recipient or even be sure the proper recipient has been reached.

On the other hand if you pass the correct sender's email address to DB Mail, it will generate the proper email header containing sender's email address in Sent By and Reply To fields. If the email messages cannot be delivered to the specified recipient, the sender will sure get an automated response from your/or recipient's email server notifying the sender that the original email CANNOT be delivered.

: I currently run Oracle 8i

: I am thinking of purchasing Dbmail and I was wondering if I would be able to
: set up an automated e-mailing system with it. Where by users would be able
: to e-mail in and receive an automated e-mail in response ”saying their
: e-mail had been received”.

: Any Info would be greatly appreciated.

Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:53 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: